Missed Class Time >> FALL l WINTER l SPRING
Student-Athlete Educational Assessment for Learning Enhancement >>
Student-athletes participating in study hall must agree to and sign the Bryant Athletics Study Hall Code of Conduct in ARMS.
All first-year student-athletes are required to complete a minimum of 6 hours of study hall weekly for the first semester of attendance at Bryant University. The cumulative grade point average (GPA) of all student-athletes will be reviewed prior to the start of each semester (Fall/Spring). The sliding scale below will be used to determine who is required to attend study table and the number of corresponding study table hours required for each week of the semester. Student-athletes participating in study hall must agree to sign the Study Hall Code of Conduct. Individual coaches may have additional requirements for study table.
0.00 – 2.40 = 6 hours / All student-athletes
2.41 – 2.69 = 6 hours / First Year & Sophomores
2.41 – 2.69 = 4 hours / Juniors
2.70 – 2.99 = 4 hours / First Year
= 2 hours / Sophomores
3.0 + = 0 hours / All student-athletes
Ways to earn study hall hours:
- General study hall in rooms 260, 265, 266
- Group work – request time through Retain
- Weekly meetings with your Academic Advisor
- ALL ACE services: tutoring, writing center appointments, subject-specific learning labs (Finance, Accounting, Math and Economics) and learning specialist appointments
- Goal-Based Study Hall (Room 264): Sunday through Thursday 6 pm – 9 pm. Come visit our student-athlete tutors on a walk-in basis to get subject-specific support!
Study Hall is open at the following times in the following rooms:
- Sunday- 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Rooms 265 & 266)
*Football in Rooms 253, 267, 268, & 269*
*Men’s basketball in Room 252*
- Monday- 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Room 265) & 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Rooms 260 & 265)
- Tuesday- 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Room 265) & 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Rooms 260 & 265)
- Wednesday- 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Room 265) & 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Rooms 260, 265, & 266)
- Thursday- 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Room 265) & 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Rooms 260, 265, & 266)
- Friday- 9:00 am to 2:00 pm (Room 265)
Study hall rules and procedures:
- Log in with the monitor in the study hall room (do not swipe in at the front desk of ACE)
- Work quietly during your study hall session. If you are completing group work, choose an alternate location and request the time through Retain
- If you leave the study hall room for an extended period of time, the monitor can and will log you out of study hall.
- Current Bryant masking policies will be enforced.
- Room 264 is intended for Goal-Based Study Hall
- Student-athletes who do not intend to work with Goal-Based Study Hall Tutors are asked to use the general study hall rooms
- Log out of study hall with the monitor when you finish your session
- If you would like to use ACE services for your study hall hours, please be sure to log-in and out of the front desk of ACE