SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University baseball team heads to Providence on Tuesday to open a home-and-home with Brown University during the midweek.
Bryant and Brown will meet Wednesday at Conaty Park. Both games are set for 3:00 p.m.
Location: Murray Stadium (Providence, R.I.) | Conaty Park (Smithfield, R.I.)
Date and Time: Mar. 26 – 3:00 p.m. | Mar. 27 – 3:00 p.m.
Watch: NECFrontRow (Wednesday)
Live Stats: Tuesday | Wednesday
Game Notes: Bryant
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #TCD | #NECBASE
Bryant will give the ball to Schoff and Lacey against the Bears. Both pitchers pitched multiple times last week, including Sunday's series finale vs. Central Connecticut. Schoff started last week at Hartford and allowed two runs on two hits over three innings. Lacey started Sunday's series finale and allowed three runs on four hits over two-plus innings.
- Bryant and Brown will be meeting for the 16th and 17th time in program history this week.
- The Bulldogs own a 9-6 lead in the all-time series after picking up a 6-4 victory last spring.
- The two teams will also play on April 10 at Murray Stadium.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters the week with a 12-9 overall record after taking two-of-three from Central Connecticut over the weekend.
- The Bulldogs are hitting .294 and averaging 7.38 runs per game as an offense. Bryant has a team ERA of 4.38 and are holding opponents to a .249 average.
- Redshirt sophomore Jimmy Titus (Stafford, Conn.) had a big week, going 11-for-20 with three doubles, three home runs and 14 RBI last week. He now leads the team with five home runs and 26 RBI on the year.
- Classmate Ryan Ward (Millbury, Mass.) has hit safely in each of the last 10 games and is batting .353 with five doubles, two home runs, 15 RBI and 19 runs scored.
- Senior Nick Angelini (Bedford, N.H.) is hitting .438 over his last seven games and now has 15 RBI and 12 runs scored.
- Junior Gaby Cruz (Miami, Fla.) posted multiple hits in all three starts last week and is batting an even .400 with a .456 OBP on the year.
Scouting the Bears
- Brown enters the week with a 4-13 overall record. The Bears dropped two-of-three against Yale this past weekend.
- The Bears are hitting .237 as a team and have a team ERA of 7.70.
- Joe Lomuscio leads the Bears with a .342 average and Rich Ciufo has three home runs, seven RBI and four runs scored.
Bryant returns to Northeast Conference play this weekend when it heads to Brooklyn for a three-game series with defending NEC champ LIU Brooklyn.