SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University baseball team heads to Conway, South Carolina, this weekend for the CCU Baseball Tournament at Springs Brooks Stadium.
The Bulldogs will open against host Coastal Carolina on Friday afternoon at 3:00 p.m., face Kennesaw St. (11 am) on Saturday morning and close the weekend against No. 23 West Virginia on Sunday (11 am).
Bryant's game on Friday will air on ESPN+.
Opponents: Coastal Carolina | Kennesaw St. | No. 23 West Virginia
Location: Springs Brooks Stadium
Date and Time: Feb. 26 - 3:00 PM | Feb. 27 - 11:00 AM | Feb. 28 - 11:00 AM
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
Game Notes: Bryant
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #NECBASE
Bryant vs. The Field
- Bryant has faced both Coastal Carolina and West Virginia but will be facing Kennesaw St. for the first time.
- The Bulldogs and Chanticleers met in a two-game series in 2015, with CCU winning both games.
- Bryant and WVU met once in 2010 and twice in 2011, with the Mountaineers winning all three games.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- The Bulldogs opened the 2021 season with a series victory over High Point last weekend.
- Bryant opened the season with a two-hit shutout and won game two, 7-6.
- Bryant's pitching staff was outstanding opening weekend, posting a 2.42 ERA. The staff struck out 20, walked six and allowed just three extra-base hits.
- Tyler Mattison tossed 5.0 innings of shutout ball on Opening Day.
- Kevin Gould and Liam LeVangie both excelled in their Bryant debuts. Gould tossed 5.1 scoreless innings of relief on Saturday, while LeVangie tossed 3.0 scoreless innings of relief on Friday.
- Jake Gustin spearheaded Bryant's offense, collecting two doubles, a home run and four RBI on the weekend.
- Liam McGill also excelled in his first weekend as a Bulldog, going 4-for-9 with a .538 OBP.