KINGSTON, R.I. – The Bryant University baseball team fell to Rhode Island, 7-0, on Saturday afternoon at Bill Beck Field.
URI broke the game open with a five-run fifth inning.
Rhode Island 7, Bryant 0
Records: Bryant (2-5), URI (6-5)
Location: Bill Beck Field (Kingston, R.I.)
- Leading 2-0 in the fifth, Max Mircovich cleared the bases with a double to left to give the Rams a 5-0 lead.
How it Happened
- URI grabbed the lead with a pair of runs in the third. A wild pitch brought home the first run and a passed ball allowed the second run to score.
- In the fifth, the Rams loaded the bases with two singles and a walk. Mircovich then delivered a three-run double to left. A errant throw on a play at third and a wild pitch plated the final two runs of the inning.
- URI outhit the Bulldogs, 9-6.
- Mattison struck out seven and walked just two over 4.1 innings.
- Wainer, Halbruner and Treuel all recorded a scoreless inning of relief.
- Liam McGill and Shane Kelly each reached twice with a hit and a walk.
- Bryant still leads the all-time series between the teams, 9-7.
- Matt Woods reached base for the seventh-straight game to start the season.
- Mattison's seven strikeouts are a season high.
The Bulldogs and Rams wrap up their two-game weekend series on Sunday afternoon. First pitch is set for 1:00 p.m.