With the victory, the Bulldogs have secured their third-straight series victory.
Gustin homered for the second-straight day, with his three-run shot in the fourth giving the Bulldogs some breathing room. Ciliento's four-hit day extended his hitting streak to nine games. Damaurys Rodriguez and Vincenzo Castronovo also added two hits, while Liam McGill drove in a pair of runs.
Tyler Schoff improved to 3-0 with 6.0 innings of three-run ball. He walked two and struck out five.
Bryant 9, Wagner 3
Records: Bryant (10-7-1, 8-0 NEC), Wagner (4-9, 2-6 NEC)
Location: Conaty Park (Smithfield, R.I.)
W|L|S: Tyle Schoff (3-0) | Pat Gallagher (0-2)
- Leading 2-0 in the fourth, Gustin provided some breathing room with a three-run home run to right field.
How it Happened
- Bryant scored twice in the first to get things going. A walk and a single opened the game and Gustin drove in a run with a single through the right side. McGill followed with a sac fly to right.
- In the fourth, Ciliento extended the inning with a soft chopper to third for an infield single. Gustin followed by hitting the first pitch of his at-bat well over the right field wall for a three-run home run. Bryant followed with three-straight singles to score a fourth run.
- Wagner answered with its only three runs of the game in the top of the fifth. Jared Gillen doubled home a pair and then scored on an RBI single from Henry Martinez.
- Bryant completed its scoring with two in the fifth and one in the seventh. Ciliento plated a pair with a two-run single in the fifth and McGill drove in the ninth run with a sac fly in the seventh.
- Bryant outhit Wagner, 13-7.
- Wagner committed five errors in the game.
- Schoff allowed three runs on five hits, walked two and struck out five over 6.0 innings.
- Kevin Gould earned the save with 3.0 scoreless innings of relief. He allowed two hits, walked one and struck out four.
- Ciliento finished 4-for-5 with two RBI and two runs scored.
- Gustin homered and drove in four.
- McGill had two RBI.
- Rodriguez and Castronovo each had two hits.
- Bryant is now 34-13 all-time against Wagner.
- Friday was just the eighth time in the series that a matchup was decided by more than four runs.
- McGill has reached safely in 18-straight games.
- Gustin posted his 10th multi-hit game of the year and his fourth home run.
- Gustin tied his career high with four RBI.
- Ciliento has now hit safely in nine-straight games.
- Rodriguez extended his hitting streak to eight-straight games.
- Gould picked up the first save of his Bryant career.
Bryant and Wagner wrap up their three-game series on Saturday afternoon. First pitch is set for 1:00 p.m.