SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University baseball team welcomes Long Island University to Conaty Park for a Northeast Conference series this weekend.
All three games will be streamed on NECFrontRow.com.
Opponent: Long Island
Location: Conaty Park (Smithfield, R.I.)
Date and Time: Apr. 30 - 3:00 PM | May 1 - 1:00 PM | May 2 - 1:00 PM
Watch: Friday | Saturday | Sunday
Live Stats: Friday | Saturday | Sunday
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #NECBASE
Pitching Probables (Based on last weekend)
Friday - Tyler Mattison (6-2, 2.50) vs. Jackson Svete (1-3, 5.35)
Saturday - Tyler Schoff (4-0, 3.32) vs. Joshua Loeschorn (0-0, 3.00)
Sunday - Vito Morgese (1-2, 5.12) vs. Alec Huertas (1-2, 3.97)
- Mattison has posted a 14-2 record and a 1.47 ERA in 21 career appearances (18 starts) in NEC regular-season play.
- Mattison has pitched 8.0 innings in each of his last three starts, including his first-career 9.0 inning complete game last week.
- Mattison became just the sixth pitcher in DI program history to win 20 career games.
- Schoff has struck out 45 batters in 43.1 innings this year. He's worked 6.0 innings or more in four of his eight starts.
- Morgese has struck out 24 batters over his last three starts (17.0 innings).
- Morgese has struck out 31 and walked just eight in 26.0 innings against NEC foes.
Bryant vs. LIU
- Bryant owns a 35-15 lead in the all-time series with Long Island.
- Bryant won four of the six meetings between the two programs in 2019.
- Bryant has won nine series and tied two others in 12 regular-season meetings.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters the weekend at 17-10-1 overall and 13-2 in NEC play. The Bulldogs are first in the NEC standings. LIU is currently in third with an 11-7 record.
- The Bulldogs rank sixth nationally in average (.309) and 11th in scoring (8.1).
- Bryant is 230-68 all-time in NEC regular-season games.
- Liam McGill has reached safely in all 23 games he's played and is currently second nationally with a .453 average.
- He also ranks seventh in hits per game (1.70), seventh in RBI per game (1.43), 12th in OBP (.519) and 17th in slugging (.733).
- James Ciliento is hitting .359 with 28 RBI and a team-high 30 runs scored. Ciliento now ranks fourth in DI program history in RBI (147), tied for second in runs (172) and fourth in hits (230).
- Jake Gustin is now batting .395 with a team-high 45 hits. He has 12 doubles and five home runs on the year.
- Kevin Gould has been strong out of the bullpen, posting a 3-1 record and two saves in 10 appearances. He has struck out 30 and walked eight in 21.2 innings.
- Christian Allegretti has also been strong in NEC play, posting 13 strikeouts and a 1.35 ERA in 6.2 innings.