Mattison allowed just one hit over 7.0 innings to improve to 7-2, while Gould tossed 2.0 scoreless to earn his third save.
Bryant 4, Long Island 2
Records: Bryant (18-10-1, 14-2 NEC), LIU (13-10, 11-8 NEC)
Location: Conaty Park (Smithfield, R.I.)
W|L|S: Tyler Mattison (7-2) | Jackson Svete (1-4) | Kevin Gould (3)
- Clinging to a 2-1 lead in the sixth, Rodriguez ripped a 1-2 pitch into right center for a two-run double.
How it Happened
- Bryant got on the board with a run in the first. Back-to-back two outs walks set the stage and Ciliento singled up the middle to make it 1-0.
- Gustin extended Bryant's lead to 2-0 with a long solo shot to right field in the third. It was his sixth home run of the year.
- The Sharks cut the deficit in half in the top of the fourth. Cade Biddle walked, stole second and scored on a two-out single to left from Giovanni Ciaccio. Bryant stopped the threat there as they nabbed the runner at third on a good relay.
- It remained 2-1 until Rodriguez struck in the sixth. Gustin and McGill walked to open the inning before the next two Bulldogs were retired. Rodriguez then got two strikes on him before hitting a slicing drive to right center for a two-run double, making it 4-1.
- LIU made it 4-2 with an unearned run in the seventh. Giaccio walked, stole second and advanced to third as the throw went into center. He then scored on a ground out.
- Bryant and LIU combined for just five hits.
- Mattison allowed two runs (one earned) on one hit over 7.0 innings. He walked four and struck out eight.
- Gustin homered and scored twice.
- McGill finished with three walks and scored twice.
- Rodriguez doubled and drove in two.
- Gould walked one and struck out one over 2.0 scoreless innings.
- Ciliento now has 231 career hits.
- Gustin has now reached safely in 19-straight games.
- Rodriguez extended his hitting streak to 18 games.
- Mattison earned his 21st victory.
- Mattison is now 15-2 in 22 career appearances (19 starts) in NEC regular-season play.
- Mattison has tossed 7.0 innings or more in each of his last four starts.
- Gould earned his third save of the year.
The Bulldogs and Sharks continue their series on Saturday afternoon. First pitch is set for 1:00 p.m.