SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University football team hosts Wagner College on Sunday afternoon at Beirne Stadium. It will be the Bulldogs' first home game in 491 days. Kickoff is set for 1:00 p.m.
Sunday's game can be watched free-of-charge on NECFrontRow.com.
**A limited number of students, faculty and staff will be allowed at the game. More information, click here.**
- Bryant leads the all-time series, 8-4. The Bulldogs have won four of the last five meetings.
- The Black and Gold edged Wagner, 14-10, in the 2019 season finale.
- Richard Ukele provided the heroics, returning a tipped pass for a touchdown in the fourth quarter.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- Bryant is 1-1 on the season after picking up a hard-fought 14-7 victory over Merrimack last Sunday.
- The Bulldogs will be playing their first home game at Beirne Stadium since 2019 (491 days).
- Derrius Perryman was named the NEC Defensive Player of the Week after posting 8.0 tackles, 1.5 TFLs and a forced fumble last Sunday.
- Joe Andreessen added 8.0 tackles and 3.5 TFLs and currently ranks seventh nationally in tackles per game and third in TFLs per game.
- Daniel Adeboboye posted his second-career 100-yard game against the Warriors, rushing for 141 yards. He ranks second in the NEC with 108.9 yards per game.
- Bryant's defense has been good the first two weeks, allowing just 220 yards of total offense per game and holding teams to a 5-of-26 (.192) showing on third down.
A bit about the Seahawks
- Wagner dropped its spring opener to Duquesne last Sunday, 17-0.
- The Seahawks are coached by former Bryant defensive coordinator Tom Masella. Bryant alums Logi Portugal and CJ Demers are also on staff at Wagner.
- The Seahawks are replacing the league's defensive player of the year and Super Bowl Champion Cam Gill.
- Wagner gained just 136 yards of total offense last week.
- Bryant welcomes to Duquesne to Beirne Stadium for the NEC on ESPN3 Game of the Week next Sunday.
- Kickoff is set for 12:00 p.m.