SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University football team returns to Northeast Conference play this weekend, traveling to Pittsburgh to face Duquesne. Kickoff is set for 12:00 p.m. on Saturday.
Saturday's game will be streamed for free of charge on NECFrontRow.com.
- Bryant and Duquesne will be meeting for 14th time in program history.
- The Bulldogs lead the all-time series, 8-5. Bryant has won six of the last eight meetings.
- Bryant is 3-2 at Rooney Field.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters the weekend with an even 3-2 record following a 36-29 victory over Brown last Saturday.
- The Bulldogs have held 11 of their last 12 NEC opponents to 24 points or less.
- Bryant has scored 30+ points in back-to-back games for the first time since 2018.
- Zevi Eckhaus was named the NEC Player and Rookie of the Week after completing 35-of-49 passes for 335 yards and three scores. He added a rushing touchdown.
- The 335 passing yards are the most by a true freshman in program history.
- Eckhaus has now completed 65.7 percent of his passes for 852 yards, seven touchdowns and just one interception.
- Anthony Frederick has caught a pair of touchdowns in each of the last two games and leads the Bulldogs with 19 receptions for 208 yards and four scores.
- David Zorrilla set career highs with seven receptions for 87 yards last week vs Brown.
- Daniel Adeboboye and Fabrice Mukendi pace Bryant's running game, combining for 446 yards and six TDs on 101 carries.
- Joe Andreessen led Bryant with 10.0 tackles last week and now has 39.0 on the year.
- Andreessen and Ryan Saddler have combined for 80.0 tackles on the year and are both ranked in the top 10 in the NEC in tackles.
- Jayvis Rayside posted his first-career interception and also recovered a fumble last week vs Brown.
- Bryant's defense has posted seven takeaways this season.
A bit about the Dukes
- Duquesne enters Saturday at 3-1 overall and 1-0 in the NEC. The Dukes beat Merrimack 37-14 last week.
- The Dukes were picked to finish second in the NEC Preseason Coaches Poll. Duquesne played in last year's NEC Championship game and has won a league-high five titles since 2011.
- Duquesne features a backfield duo of Garrett Owens and Billy Lucas. Both rushed for over 100 yards against the Bulldogs last year and have combined for 503 yards this year.
- The Dukes also feature one of the league's top secondaries. Spencer DeMedal leads the team with 21.0 tackles and the Dukes have intercepted a league-high seven passes.