SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University football team heads to North Andover, Massachusetts, to face Merrimack in the final regular-season game of the 2021 season on Saturday afternoon. Kickoff is set for 1:00 p.m.
Saturday's game will be streamed on NECFrontRow.
- Bryant and Merrimack will be meeting for the 17th time in program history.
- The Bulldogs own a 10-6 lead in the all-time series.
- Bryant won the matchup in the spring, 14-7.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- Bryant is coming off a 52-7 victory over LIU last Saturday. The Bulldogs are 6-4 overall and 4-2 in NEC play.
- Bryant is in second place in the NEC standings, a game behind Sacred Heart.
- Bryant needs a victory, an SHU loss and an SFU win to secure the NEC's AQ to the FCS Playoffs.
- Bryant has trailed at some point in all four of its NEC victories this year.
- Zevi Eckhaus was one of 22 players named to the initial Stats Perform FCS Jerry Rice Award Watch List. The award is given to the top freshman player in the FCS.
- Eckhaus has thrown for 2,075 yards and 17 touchdowns on the season. He's thrown at least two TDs in each of his last seven games.
- Eckhaus was named the NEC Player and Rookie of the Week on Monday. It is the second time this year he's earned both honors.
- Fellow freshman Fabrice Mukendi is one of the league's top rushers, averaging a league-best 5.8 yards per carry. He has 571 rushing yards and seven touchdowns, both records for a true freshman in DI program history.
- David Zorrilla has posted 44 catches for 566 yards and two TDs on the year. He posted a career-high 147 receiving yards last week.
- Dan Adeboboye rushed for a pair of touchdowns last week and now has 16 career rushing scores, seventh all-time at Bryant.
- Ryan Saddler and Joe Andreessen have combined for 164.0 tackles on the year and are ranked second and third in the NEC in tackles.
- Andreessen leads the NEC with three interceptions after posting Bryant's first multi-interception game since 2018 last time out at Wagner.
- Kenny Dyson Jr. leads the NEC with 7.0 total sacks.
A bit about the Warriors
- Merrimack enters the weekend at 5-5 overall and 2-4 in the NEC.
- Westin Elliott leads the NEC in passing with 266 passing yards per game.
- The Warriors own a victory over nationally-ranked Holy Cross.