Boston, Mass. – Kylie Nelson of the Bryant University field hockey team scored in the second half but it wasn't enough as the Bulldogs fell to Northeastern, 3-1, on Sunday.
Northeastern 3, Bryant 1
Records: Bryant (0-2) | Northeastern (1-1)
Location: Dedham Field (Dedham, Mass.)
- The Huskies scored two goals within one minute of each other in the third period to take a three-goal lead.
- 20' – Cassie Brazinsky hit a shot to the left of the net off a deflection from a Bulldogs defender to take a 1-0 lead for Northeastern.
- 35' - The Huskies responded with an unassisted goal from Lauren Rowe, who scored from 15 feet out.
- 36' - Northeastern scored their third goal on a cross from Brazinsky that was scored by Rowe (3-0).
- 41' Kylie Nelson stole the ball from the defender and then shot it into the center of the goal to cut the Huskies lead to 3-1.
BULLDOGS NOTES AND NOTABLES
- Kylie Nelson scored the Black and Gold's first goal of the season and the fifth of her career.
- Marijn Jaarsma and Lyndsay Swanston played 30 minutes each and had 11 saves between them.
- Sydney Swain and Ellie Morrison each played 60 minutes.
- Bryant had five shots on goal.
The Bulldogs begin conference play against Merrimack on March 18.