SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University field hockey team fell to Saint Francis U, 5-0, on Friday afternoon at the Track & Turf Complex.
Bryant was playing its first home game on campus this season. The Bulldogs wrap up the weekend on Sunday against Wagner at home.
Saint Francis U 5, Bryant 0
Records: Bryant (0-11, 0-2 NEC) | Saint Francis U (4-8, 1-1)
Location: Smithfield, R.I.
- The Red Flash scored twice in the first four minutes of the third quarter to build a 1-0 lead to three goals.
- Q2 19:09 - Olivia Muffitt scored her first of the day as she took the deflection and skirted around Marijn Jaarsma to finish.
- Q3 31:18 - Rosende took a long feed from Eva Valentini and was able to fire it home.
- Q3 34:30 - Claudia Ortiz the first of two-straight goals.
- Q3 45:00 - Ortiz scored with time expired in the third quarter to make it 4-0. Jaarsma made two saves and Lotte Guitink made a defensive save before Ortiz put home the rebound.
- Q4 48:19 - Muffitt took a long aerial from Valentini and was able to score from a tough angle.
BULLDOGS NOTES AND NOTABLES
- Jaarsma, the national leader in saves per game, posted 11 stops.
- Guitink, Brittany Gouws and Grayson Green all registered shots on goal for Bryant.
Bryant wraps up the weekend against Wagner on Sunday afternoon. The game is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. at the Track & Turf Complex.