PHILADELPHIA – Freshman Charles Pride (Syracuse, N.Y.) scored a career-high 25 points and senior Adam Grant (Franklin, Va.) matched his season-high with 24, but the Bryant University men's basketball team had its four-game winning streak snapped by Drexel Wednesday night.
Grant broke Bryant's Division I career steals record against the Dragons, as his three brought him to 117 in Black & Gold. Sophomore Patrick Harding (Fairfield, Conn.) added a double-double of 10 points and 15 rebounds and freshman Michael Green III (Bronx, N.Y.) chipped in 11 points.
Drexel 86, Bryant 74
Records: Bryant (4-3), Drexel (3-3)
Location: Daskalakis Athletic Center (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- The Dragons outscored the Bulldogs 14-6 over the final 7:21 of the first half to take a 10-point lead into the break.
- An 11-3 Bryant run out of the half got the Bulldogs back within two with 16 minutes to go.
- Bryant tied the game at 60 with eight minutes to play, but Drexel responded with a 19-6 run to go back in front by double digits.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Drexel led 14-12 before scoring 12 of the next 17 points to go ahead 26-17 with 8:19 to play in the opening half.
- Bryant answered with seven straight points provided by its freshmen, as four points from Pride followed by three from Green cut the deficit to 26-24 with 7:21 remaining in the half.
- Pride scored 10 of Bryant's final 13 points of the first half as the Bulldogs went into the locker room trailing 40-30.
- Bryant scored the first four points out of the half, and after a Drexel three, tallied the next seven to get back to 43-41 with 16:15 to go.
- The Bulldogs would tie the game at 60 on a layup from Harding with 8:07 to go.
- A 19-6 stretch in favor of Drexel from the point Bryant tied the game put the Dragons ahead 79-66 with 2:48 to play before Drexel closed out the game at the line.
- Pride was 11-of-17 from the floor and added six rebounds in his second 20-point performance of his freshman campaign.
- Grant earned seven of his 24 from the line and made Bryant's lone three-pointer.
- Harding had his sixth double-digit rebounding performance of the year and is averaging 12.7 per game. The sophomore played a career-high 31 minutes.
- Green added three steals to his fourth-career double-digit scoring effort.
- Bryant outrebounded Drexel, 36-35.
- The Bulldogs shot 45.5 percent from the field, while the Dragons shot 49.2 percent.
- Grant recorded his 72nd career game of 10 or more points and 28th of 20 or more.
- Pride's 25 points were the most by a Bryant freshman since Grant scored 32 against Sacred Heart in a triple-overtime contest against Sacred Heart on Jan. 14, 2017.
- Grant passed Corey Maynard for Bryant's D1 career steals mark. Maynard recorded 116 steals from 2010-14.
- Bryant drops to 0-1 all-time against Drexel and 0-2 vs. the CAA.
- Wednesday' game was the final contest of the Garden State Showcase, a multi-team event organized by Rutgers.
The Bulldogs will have their longest break to this point in the young season before facing New Hampshire Tuesday at 7 p.m. in Durham, New Hampshire. The game can be seen on ESPN3.