SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Senior Juan Cardenas (Apartado, Colombia) scored 15 points to lead four Bulldogs in double figures, but the Bryant University men's basketball team was knocked off by Long Island, 74-60, Saturday afternoon at the Chace Athletic Center.
Long Island 74, Bryant 60
Records: Bryant (9-9, 1-4 NEC), Long Island (9-9, 4-1 NEC)
Location: Chace Athletic Center (Smithfield, R.I.)
- Bryant trailed 10-1 early but regained the lead with 12 minutes to play in the opening half.
- LIU used a 21-4 run that spanned both halves to build a 14-point advantage midway through the second half.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- LIU jumped out to a 10-1 advantage, but Bryant responded with a 16-5 run to lead 17-15 with 12 minutes remaining in the half.
- The Sharks closed the half on a 9-0 run to lead the Bulldogs 37-31 at the break.
- Bryant made one of its first 14 field goals in the second half as LIU opened up a 49-35 advantage with 9:32 remaining.
- The Bulldogs would get back within four with 3:22 to play, but Bryant could not pull even in the closing minutes.
- Cardenas was 5-of-10 from the floor and added five rebounds.
- Ndugba tallied 10 points, six rebounds, three steals and two assists.
- Pride added four steals, three rebounds and two assists to his points.
- Pride and Cardenas each collected a block.
- Bryant shot 29% for the game and 20% from three. LIU was 43.1% overall and 22.2% from beyond the arc.
- The Bulldogs were 17-of-23 (73.9%) from the free-throw line, while the Sharks were 26-for-34 (76.5%).
- Both teams committed 19 turnovers.
- The Sharks outrebounded the Bulldogs, 41-35.
- Cardenas averaged 20.5 points per game in the Bulldogs' two contests this week.
- Grant moved within 49 points of Dyami Starks for second on Bryant's Division I scoring list.
- Bryant drops to 6-15 all-time against Long Island.
Bryant hosts Wagner Thursday in its final home game of January. Get your TICKETS for the 7 p.m. tip on the first day of the spring semester.
Bryant Men's Basketball 2019-20 tickets are available by clicking HERE.