MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. – Freshman Michael Green III (Bronx, N.Y.) scored a team-high 12 points and redshirt-junior Hall Elisias (Valley Stream, N.Y.) and sophomore Patrick Harding (Fairfield, Conn.) grabbed double-digit rebounds, but the Bryant University men's basketball team was unable to overcome a slow start offensively in a 64-54 loss to Robert Morris Thursday at the UPMC Events Center.
Senior Adam Grant (Franklin, Va.) added 11 points to pass Dyami Starks for second on Bryant's Division I career scoring list at 1,700 points and chipped in eight rebounds. Freshman Charles Pride (Syracuse, N.Y.) contributed 11 points for the Black & Gold.
Robert Morris 64, Bryant 54
Records: Bryant (10-11, 2-6 NEC), Robert Morris (11-11, 7-2 NEC)
Location: UPMC Events Center (Moon Township, Pa.)
- Robert Morris closed the first half on a 13-0 run to lead Bryant 26-17 at the intermission.
- An 11-2 run got Bryant back within three late in the second half but the Colonials scored the final seven points of the game from the line.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After a sluggish start from both teams, a three-point play from Pride and three-pointer from freshman Benson Lin (New Taipei City, Taiwan) put the Bulldogs in front 15-13 with 5:30 to go in the opening half.
- Robert Morris closed the first half on a 13-0 run to lead 26-17 at the break.
- A 10-0 run with the final seven points from Grant got Bryant back within 39-36 with 12:34 remaining.
- The Colonials pushed their advantage back to 12 at 55-43 before an 11-2 run got the Bulldogs back to a three-point margin on a Lin three with 2:44 to go at 57-54.
- RMU scored the next seven points at the line to close out the game.
- Green scored 12 points on 4-of-9 shooting and 3-of-4 from three.
- Grant scored five of his 11 points at the foul line and was held without a three-pointer.
- Harding grabbed 12 rebounds in 17 minutes, while Elisias collected seven points and 10 rebounds in 26 minutes.
- Pride added three steals, two rebounds, an assist and a steal to his 11 points.
- Lin chipped in eight points with a pair of three-pointers.
- Bryant shot 28.8% from the field, while Robert Morris was at 37.3%.
- The Bulldogs outrebounded the Colonials, 44-43.
- Bryant drops to 4-17 all-time against Robert Morris.
- Thursday was Bryant's first visit to the UPMC Events Center, which opened in November. The venue is the fourth in which the Colonials have hosted the Bulldogs in as many seasons (Sewall Center, A.J. Palumbo Center, North Athletic Complex.)
- Harding and Elisias were the first Bulldog teammates to each grab 10 rebounds against a Division I opponent since Bosko Kostur and Gus Riley did against Fairleigh Dickinson on Jan. 27, 2018.
- Elisias added a block to match Alex Francis for fourth on Bryant's D1 career list with 52.
Bryant closes out the weekend trip to the Keystone State with a Saturday contest at Saint Francis U. The Bulldogs and Red Flash will meet at noon on CBS Sports Network.
Bryant Men's Basketball 2019-20 tickets are available by clicking HERE. The Bulldogs return home Thursday, Feb. 6, to host St. Francis Brooklyn at 7 p.m.