LORETTO, Pa. – Saint Francis U held the Bryant University men's basketball team in check from beyond the arc and did damage at the free throw line, as the Red Flash defeated the Bulldogs, 84-64, Saturday afternoon at DeGol Arena.
Saint Francis U 84, Bryant 64
Records: Bryant (10-12, 2-7 NEC), Saint Francis U (14-8, 7-4 NEC)
Location: DeGol Arena (Loretto, Pa.)
- Saint Francis led 20-9 early in the first half, but Bryant chipped away to pull back within one.
- Bryant cut a nine-point halftime deficit to six, but it was the closest the Black & Gold would narrow the margin in a second half in which the Red Flash were 14-of-16 from the line and shot 52% from the field.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Saint Francis jumped out to a 20-9 lead, but Bryant cut the deficit to one with a 16-6 run capped off by a layup from sophomore Patrick Harding (Fairfield, Conn.) that made it 26-25 Red Flash with 6:07 to play in the half.
- The Red Flash closed the half with a 10-4 stretch to lead the Bulldogs 40-31 at the break.
- A pair of Elisias free throws got Bryant back within six at 42-36 with 17:23 remaining.
- The Red Flash opened a 50-36 advantage before Bryant scored the next six with four from Green and two from freshman Charles Pride (Syracuse, N.Y.).
- Saint Francis pulled ahead 68-54 on a three-shot foul with 7:06 to play and led by as many as 20 before the final 18-point margin.
- Elisias scored 12 points for the second time in as many meetings with the Red Flash. He was 6-of-6 from the free throw line.
- Green was in double figures for the second-straight game and ninth time on the season.
- Harding added nine points and a team-high seven rebounds.
- Pride chipped in with nine points and six rebounds.
- Bryant was 20-for-34 (58.8%) on two-point baskets, but 4-for-28 (14.3%) on three-pointers.
- The Red Flash outrebounded the Bulldogs, 38-32.
- The Bulldogs got 32 points from their bench, led by the 11 from Green.
- Bryant dropped to 10-13 all-time against Saint Francis U. The home team has won the last six meetings in the series (Saint Francis U 4, Bryant 2.)
- Grant tied Dyami Starks for Bryant's all-time lead in three-pointers with 281. The senior's 109th career start was a Division I program record, passing Alex Francis.
- Harding's seven rebounds moved him past Bosko Kostur for ninth on Bryant's D1 career list with 353.
- Freshman Nathaniel Stokes (Tacoma, Wash.) played a career-high 17 minutes off the bench.
- Bryant is 1-4 all-time in games played on CBS Sports Network. The previous four showcases on the network were all against Wagner, including a 67-65 victory over the Seahawks last season at the Chace. The Bulldogs will face Sacred Heart on CBS Sports Network on February 13 in Connecticut.
The Bulldogs return home Thursday to host St. Francis Brooklyn at 7 p.m. The game will include a halftime performance by Tyler's Amazing Balancing Act. Tickets are available by clicking HERE and the game can be seen on NEC Front Row.
Bryant Men's Basketball 2019-20 tickets are available by clicking HERE.