SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's basketball team returns to the Chace Athletic Center on Saturday to host Stony Brook in a non-conference matchup. Tip is set for 1:00 p.m.
Saturday's game will be streamed, free-of-charge, on NECFrontRow.com. Links for all broadcasts and live stats can be found below and on the Bryant Men's Basketball Schedule Page.
Opponent: Stony Brook
Location: Chace Athletic Center (Smithfield, R.I.)
Date and Time: Saturday, Dec. 12 – 1 p.m.
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
Game Notes: Bryant
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #KEB1 | #NECMBB
Bryant and Stony Brook will be meeting for the first time since Dec. 30, 1998, a 77-59 victory for the Bulldogs. Both teams were playing at the Division II level then, so Saturday's matchup will be the first as Division I opponents.
SCOUTING THE SEAWOLVES
Stony Brook enters Saturday's game with a 1-3 record on the season. The Seawolves opened their season with Saint Peter's, beat Fairfield in overtime and are coming off a 72-67 loss to Hofstra. Stony Brook is averaging 68.3 points per game and features four players in double figures. Frankie Policelli leads the team with 13.8 ppg and has 6.8 rpg.
WHAT TO KNOW
- Bryant is off to a 3-2 start following a split against St. Francis Brooklyn in its opening series of Northeast Conference games.
- Bryant became the first team in the NEC since 2003, and the first Bryant team in DI program history, to score 100+ points in back-to-back games (138 vs. RIC and 101 vs. SFBK).
- Bryant now ranks second nationally in scoring average (101.4) and is second nationally in tempo according to kenpom.com.
- Head coach Jared Grasso is in his third season on the Bryant sidelines, having posted a 28-39 record.
- After being named the NEC Player of the Week on Monday, Peter Kiss posted 19 points and 21 points in two games at St. Francis. He now leads the NEC and ranks 80th nationally with 18.8 ppg.
- Kiss has posted three 20-point efforts this year and has 33 games of double-figure scoring in his career.
- Michael Green III continues to pace the NEC in assists per game at 5.4. He and Luis Hurtado Jr. make up one of the best guard duos in the league, as Hurtado is averaging 6.6 ppg, 4.8 rpg and has a 3.0 a/to ratio.
- Charles Pride posted his second-career double-double on Tuesday with 16 points and a career-high 17 rebounds (fourth-most in a single game in DI program history). He now averages a team-best 8.6 boards per game.
- Chris Childs is one of the top three-point shooters in the country, ranking 10th nationally with 19 made threes. He also ranks 18th in 3s per game (3.8) and 36th in three-point field goal percentage (52.8).