SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's basketball team welcomes Wagner College to the Chace Athletic Center for a pair of Northeast Conference games on Wednesday and Thursday. Tip is set for 4:00 p.m. both days.
Wednesday's and Thursday's games will be streamed, free-of-charge, on NECFrontRow.com. Links for all broadcasts and live stats can be found below and on the Bryant Men's Basketball Schedule Page.
Location: Chace Athletic Center (Smithfield, R.I.)
Date and Time: Wednesday, Dec. 16 - 4 p.m. | Thursday, Dec. 17 – 4 p.m.
Watch: Wednesday | Thursday
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
Game Notes: Bryant
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #KEB1 | #NECMBB
Bryant and Wagner have met 20 times since the Bulldogs joined the NEC. Wagner holds an 11-9 lead in the all-time series but the Black and Gold have won each of the last four meetings. It is the longest streak for either team in the series. Last year, Bryant swept the season series, 79-58 and 80-59.
SCOUTING THE SEAHAWKS
Wagner has played just one game so far this season, a 78-45 loss to Seton Hall back on Dec. 8. The Seahawks finished 8-21 a season ago and return three players that averaged double-figure scoring, Alex Morales, Nigel Jackson and Elijah Ford.
WHAT TO KNOW
- Bryant is off to a 4-2 start following an 81-72 victory over Stony Brook on Saturday. The Bulldogs are also 1-1 in NEC play, having split with St. Francis Brooklyn.
- Bryant became the first team in the NEC since 2003, and the first Bryant team in DI program history, to score 100+ points in back-to-back games (138 vs. RIC and 101 vs. SFBK).
- The Bulldogs are also the first team in NEC history to start the season with six-straight games of at least 80 points. They are the first NEC team to score 80+ points in six-straight games at any point in a season since LIU in 2012.
- Bryant now ranks third nationally in scoring average 98.0) and is first nationally in tempo according to kenpom.com.
- Head coach Jared Grasso is in his third season on the Bryant sidelines, having posted a 29-39 record.
- Bryant is the only program in the country to feature four players with at least 15.0 points per game.
- Michael Green III leads the charge, averaging 17.3 ppg, 4.7 apg and 4.2 rpg. He's coming off a career-high 24-point performance against Stony Brook.
- Chris Childs is one of the top three-point shooters in the country, ranking 10th nationally with 22 made threes. He also ranks 16th in 3s per game (3.7) and 26th in three-point field goal percentage (53.7).
- Charles Pride averaged a double-double in three games last week and also set a career-high with eight assists in the win on Saturday. He's averaging 15.2 ppg, 8.3 rpg and 3.3 apg.
- Peter Kiss is Bryant's fourth double-digit scorer, averaging 15.7 ppg. He's posted three 20-point games this year and also averages 6.0 rpg and 1.83 steals per game.