SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Redshirt-senior Peter Kiss scored 22 points and the Bryant University men's basketball team surrendered a season-low in points in a 74-62 over Wagner College on Wednesday afternoon at the Chace Athletic Center.
Kiss posted his fourth 20-point game of the season to help the Black and Gold improve to 5-2 overall and 2-1 in league play. He finished 6-of-10 from the field and 9-of-11 from the free throw line.
Classmate Hall Elisias had a big night as well, finishing with 12 points and nine rebounds. Junior Chris Childs chipped in 14 points off the bench and sophomore Michael Green III added 11 to give the Black and Gold four in double figures.
Bryant 74, Wagner 62
Records: Bryant 5-2, 2-1 NEC | Wagner 0-2, 0-1 NEC)
Location: Chace Athletic Center
- Leading by six at half, Bryant shot 55 percent (10-of-18) from the field and held Wagner to just 12-of-40 in the second half to put the game away.
How it Happened
- Kiss got his night going early, converting a three-point play to give the Bulldogs a 12-6 lead at the 15:13 mark.
- A dunk from Elisias and a three from Childs pumped Bryant's lead back to six, 29-23, with 7:26 left.
- Green III closed the half with a three pointer to make it 40-34.
- He started the second half the same way, drilling a long three to push the lead to nine.
- Kiss and Childs then energized a 10-2 run. Kiss posted seven points in the run and Childs hit his third three of the afternoon, giving Bryant a 54-40 lead with 12:16 remaining.
- Bryant then closed the game with a strong effort on the defensive end, limiting Wagner to just 6-of-14 shooting over the final eight minutes.
- Bryant finished the game 23-of-44 (52 percent) from the field, 8-of-18 (44 percent) from three and 20-of-29 (69 percent) from the line.
- The Bulldogs were outrebounded, 45-29.
- Bryant posted 14 assists on 23 made baskets.
- Kiss finished with 22 points on 6-of-10 shooting from the field and 9-of-11 from the line. He added three assists and three steals.
- Childs had 14 points on 3-of-5 shooting from three and a 5-for-5 performance from the line.
- Elisias finished 5-of-6 from the field and had nine rebounds.
- Green III had 11 points, four boards, three assists and two steals.
- Sophomore Charles Pride had six points, three boards, two assists, a steal and a block.
- Freshman Erickson Bans contributed six points off the bench.
- Bryant is now 10-11 all-time against Wagner and has won five-straight games against the Seahawks.
- Bryant is 5-2 for the first time since starting the 2013-14 season 6-2.
- Wednesday is the first game this year Bryant didn't score 80+ points.
- Wednesday, however, is the lowest output Bryant has allowed on the season.
- Bryant has shot over 40 percent in each of the first seven games. Wednesday was the first game they've shot over 50 percent from the field.
- Kiss has now scored in double-figures six times and has four 20-point games.
- Childs is now 16-for-27 (.593) from beyond the arc over the last four games.
- Childs has scored in double-figures in all seven games this year.
- Green III has scored in double-figures in all seven games this season.
Bryant and Wagner will complete their two-game series on Thursday afternoon. Tip is set for 4:00 p.m.