SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Redshirt senior Peter Kiss posted the first triple-double in DI program history and junior Chris Childs scored a game-high 20 points to lead the Bryant University men's basketball team to a 93-68 victory over Central Connecticut on Thursday afternoon.
Kiss finished with 12 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists in Bryant's first game since Dec. 21, becoming the first to ever record a triple-double. Childs posted a season-high 20 points on an efficient 6-of-8 shooting from the field and a perfect 6-of-6 from the line. Sophomore Michael Green III added 16 points, four assists and four steals, classmate Charles Pride posted 14 points and redshirt senior Hall Elisias had nine points and 11 boards.
Bryant 93, Central Connecticut 68
Records: Bryant 8-2, 4-1 NEC | CCSU 2-6, 2-3 NEC
Location: Chace Athletic Center
- Playing for the first time in 17 days, Bryant raced out to a 16-1 lead. The Bulldogs forced four turnovers and made 6-of-9 from the field.
How it Happened
- Green III helped the Bulldogs jump out to a 16-1 lead with eight points. The Bulldogs shot 6-of-9 from the field and 3-of-4 from beyond the arc to start.
- Pride and Childs then hit back-to-back threes to make it 26-14 with 11:33 to play.
- Bryant then closed the half on a 20-10 run, building a 52-28 lead at the break. Childs energized the run with eight points, while an alley-oop off the backboard from Kiss to Stokes highlighted the run.
- Luis Hurtado Jr. kickstarted the Bulldogs in the second half with the first five points.
- Coach Grasso then called a timeout with 10:18 left and the Black and Gold responded with a 14-5 run. The run included Kiss's 10th assist, and triple-double, a behind-the-back dish to Pride for a three at the 8:12 mark.
- Erickson Bans helped seal the win with five quick points late in the half.
- Bryant finished the game 34-of-69 (49 percent) from the field, 10-of-26 (38.5 percent) from three and 15-of-20 (75 percent) from the line.
- The Bulldogs shot 58.8 percent in the first half.
- Bryant outrebounded CCSU, 50-31. The Black and Gold also assisted on 22 of 34 baskets and forced 18 CCSU turnovers.
- Kiss recorded a triple-double with 12 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists. He also had three steals.
- Childs was 6-of-8 from the field, 2-of-3 from three and 6-of-6 from the line to finish with 20 points.
- Green III posted 16 points, four assists, four steals and two boards.
- Pride had 14 points on 4-of-7 shooting from three.
- Elisias finished with nine points, 11 boards and three blocks.
- Hurtado Jr. posted nine points, 5 boards and three assists.
- Bans chipped in seven points off the bench.
- Bryant continues its best start in DI program history at 8-2. The Bulldogs are now 4-1 in the NEC.
- The Bulldogs improved to 5-0 at home this season.
- The Bulldogs have now scored 80+ points in nine of their 10 games.
- They've scored 90+ points in six games.
- Kiss is the only player in DI program history to record a triple-double.
- Kiss has now scored in double-figures nine times.
- Green III has scored in double-figures in all 10 games and is averaging a team-best 18.4 ppg.
- He tied his career-high with four steals.
- Pride has scored in double-figures in nine-of-10 games this year.
- Pride has hit 10-of-18 (55 percent) from three over his last four games.
- Childs has scored in double-figures in all 10 games this year.
- Childs posted a season-high in points with 20.
- Elisias has now blocked 18 shots over the last four games. He has 33 blocks on the year.
- Elisias now has 111 career blocks, second-most in DI program history.
Bryant and Central Connecticut wrap up their series on Friday afternoon at 4:00 p.m.