SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's basketball team hits the road for the first time in 2021 when it travels to Lorett, Pennsylvania, to take on Saint Francis U Thursday and Friday.
Thursday's game will be streamed nationally on ESPN+ and will tip at 7:04 p.m. Bryant and SFU will close out the two-game set on Friday afternoon at 4:00 p.m. on NECFrontRow.
Opponent: Saint Francis U
Location: Degol Arena (Loretto, Pa.)
Date and Time: Thursday, Jan. 14 – 7 p.m. | Friday, Jan. 15 - 4 p.m.
Watch: Thursday | Friday
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
Game Notes: Bryant
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #KEB1 | #NECMBB
Bryant trails the all-time series with Saint Francis U, 14-10. The two teams have met four times in the NEC Quarterfinals, including each of the last two. Bryant will be looking for its first win in Loretto since the 2012-2013 season.
SCOUTING THE RED FLASH
Saint Francis U enters the week with a 1-6 overall record and an 0-3 mark in league play. The Red Flash opened the season with a victory over ACC member Pittsburgh. SFU is allowing 75.4 ppg but is one of the top teams in the country in three-point field goal defense (.255). Ramiir Dixon-Conover averages 14.3 ppg and Mark Flagg posts 11.6 per game to lead the Red Flash.
WHAT TO KNOW
- Bryant's 9-2 start is the best in DI program history. The Bulldogs' 5-1 start to league play is its second-best start (6-0, 2012-13).
- The Bulldogs are ranked No. 25 in the Jan. 11 College Insider Mid-Major Top 25. It marks the first time the team has entered the top 25 since the 2012-13 season.
- Bryant has won each of its last six games, it's longest streak since it won a DI program record eight-straight in 2012-13. It's only the third time in the last 16 years the Bulldogs have won 6 or more in a row.
- Bryant became the first team in the NEC since 2003, and the first Bryant team in DI program history, to score 100+ points in back-to-back games (138 vs. RIC and 101 vs. SFBK).
- The Bulldogs were are also the first team in NEC history to start the season with six-straight games of at least 80 points.
- Bryant now ranks fourth nationally in scoring average (91.4) and is third nationally in tempo (76.6) according to kenpom.com. The Bulldogs are averaging 103.1 points per 100 possessions.
- Head coach Jared Grasso is in his third season on the Bryant sidelines, having posted a 34-39 record.
- Peter Kiss picked up NEC Player of the Week honors and College Madness Mid-Major National Player of the Week honors after averaging 19.5 ppg, 10.0 rpg and 6.5 apg.
- Kiss posted the first triple-double (12p, 13r, 10a) in DI program history on Thursday and then scored a career-high 27 the next night. He ranks fifth in the league in scoring.
- Michael Green III leads Bryant with 18.0 ppg, 4.0 rpg and 4.6 apg. He has scored in double-figures in all 11 contests.
- Green III also became the first player in program history to post 20+ points and 10+ assists in the same game when he scored 20 and handed out 10 assists against Wagner on Dec. 16.
- Chris Childs is one of the top three-point shooters in the country, ranking 19th nationally with 36 made threes. He also ranks 18th in 3s per game (3.3) and 19th in three-point field goal percentage (46.8).
- Charles Pride is averaging 13.1 ppg, 7.1 rpg and 3.1 apg on the year.
- Hall Elisias ranks 5th nationally in blocked shots per game (3.09) and seventh in total blocks (34).