LORETTO, Pa. – The Bryant University men's basketball team dropped an 89-82 decision to Saint Francis U on Thursday night at DeGol Arena.
Bryant saw its six-game winning streak come to a close in the defeat. Sophomore Michael Green III led the Bulldogs with 24 points and seven boards, while classmate Charles Pride chipped in 20 and redshirt senior Peter Kiss posted 14. Fellow senior Hall Elisias had eight points, seven rebounds, five blocks and three steals.
Bryant 82, Saint Francis U 89
Records: Bryant 9-3, 5-2 NEC | SFU 2-6, 1-3 NEC)
Location: DeGol Arena
- SFU's Myles Thompson (4:26) and Maxwell Land (1:46) hit threes that stunted Bryant runs down the stretch.
How it Happened
- Bryant started cold from the floor, missing each of its first eight shots from beyond the arc. Pride scored each of the Bulldogs' first five points.
- The Red Flash then built a 17-7 lead but the Black and Gold responded to tie the game on a three from Childs and a layup from Green III.
- Erickson Bans gave Bryant a 20-19 lead with a three at the 10:26 mark but the Red Flash scored on the next possession to retake the lead.
- Bryant retook the lead on an electrifying dunk from Elisias. Falling out of bounds, Pride threw up a pass that Elisias dunked one-handed to make it 32-30.
- A Red Flash three answered the dunk and SFU wouldn't trail the rest of the half.
- Bryant grabbed a 51-50 lead with 14:22 remaining as Childs drilled a three. SFU answered, however, with a three-point play to retake the lead for good.
- The Red Flash ballooned its lead to 14 with 7:15 to go and Thompson ended a brief Bryant run with his three at the 4:26 mark.
- The Bulldogs then trimmed the deficit to five but Land responded with a three at the 1:46 mark.
- Bryant finished 26-of-63 (41.3 percent) from the field, 7-of-28 (25.0) from three and 23-of-32 (71.9) from the line.
- The Bulldogs outrebounded SFU 46-42, but committed 19 turnovers and had just nine assists.
- Green III scored 24 points on 8-of-16 shooting from the field. He added seven rebounds and three assists.
- Pride finished 7-of-12 from the field, 5-of-6 from the line and led Bryant with eight rebounds. He posted five offensive boards.
- Kiss was 4-of-13 from the field and added four rebounds and three assists.
- Elisias had eight points, seven boards, five blocks and three steals.
- Nathaniel Stokes and Luis Hurtado Jr. each chipped in six boards.
- Bryant's six-game winning streak came to a close on Thursday night.
- The Bulldogs are now 10-15 against Saint Francis U and have lost 10-straight in Loretto.
- Green III has scored in double-figures in all 12 games and is averaging a team-best 18.5 ppg.
- Thursday was Green III's fifth 20-point outing of the year and the seventh of his career.
- Pride posted a season-high in scoring with 20 points. It's the third 20-point game of his career.
- Kiss has now scored in double-figures 11 times.
- Elisias has now blocked 3+ shots seven times this year and has four games of at least five.
- Stokes set a career-high with his six rebounds.
- Hurtado Jr. now has 5+ rebounds in each of the last four games.
Bryant and Saint Francis U wrap up their two-game set on Friday afternoon. Tip is set for 4:00 p.m.