LORETTO, Pa. – Redshirt senior Peter Kiss posted his eighth 20-point game of the season and classmate Hall Elisias grabbed a DI program-record 20 rebounds to lead the Bryant University men's basketball team to a 72-63 victory over Saint Francis U on Friday afternoon.
Backed by performances from Kiss and Elisias, and a little bit of sage, the Bulldogs snapped a 10-day skid at DeGol Arena, winning in Loretto for the first time since Jan. 5, 2013. Kiss posted 22 points and six rebounds, Elisias added nine points and three blocks to his 20 rebounds and sophomore Michael Green III helped seal the win with six free throws. Green III finished with 16 points and junior Chris Childs was the third Bulldog in double-figures with 11.
Bryant 72, Saint Francis U 63
Records: Bryant 10-3, 6-2 NEC | SFU 2-7, 1-4 NEC
Location: DeGol Arena
- Bryant used an 11-3 run that spanned the first and second half to open a 41-29 lead. The Bulldogs would make 15-of-19 free throws in the second half to close out the win.
How it Happened
- Bryant sizzled the twine from downtown in the first half, finishing 6-of-12. The triples helped the Black and Gold build a 33-26 lead at the half.
- Kiss and Childs hit back-to-back threes to give the Bulldogs a 14-4 lead early.
- Childs's second three of the afternoon pushed Bryant's lead to 23-14.
- Green III then got in on the act, ending an SFU run with a three to make it 30-22.
- Kiss closed Bryant's strong first half, hitting a step-back three with just six seconds remaining.
- Held scoreless in the first half, Elisias sparked Bryant's second half with seven of the Bulldogs' first 10 points. He converted a three-point play to open the half and then made back-to-back layups to make it 43-32 at the 17:18 mark.
- SFU cut the deficit to six with 13 minutes to go but Childs quickly pushed it to nine with a three.
- Leading by seven with a minute to go, Green III canned all six of his free throws to close out the win.
- Bryant finished 21-of-56 (37.5 percent) from the field, 10-of-24 (41.7 percent) from three and 20-of-25 (80.0 percent) from the line.
- The Bulldogs outrebounded SFU, 44-41.
- Kiss led the way with 22 points on 7-of-12 shooting from the field. He hit 4-of-6 from three and added six rebounds, two assists and two steals.
- Green III finished with 16 points, making all eight of his free throws. He had four rebounds, three assists and two steals.
- Childs posted 11 points.
- Elisias had nine points, 20 rebounds and three blocks.
- Charles Pride posted seven points, two boards and three assists.
- Bryant won its 10th game on Friday and matched its best eight-game start in NEC history.
- The Bulldogs posted their first win in Loretto since Jan. 5, 2013 (10 games).
- Elisias's 20 rebounds are the most in a single-game in DI program history.
- Elisias becomes the first Bulldog to post 20+ rebounds in a single game since Feb. 28, 2004 (Jason Noel). Elisias is just the eighth different player in program history to record 20+ rebounds.
- Elisias also blocked eight shots in the two games against Saint Francis U.
- Kiss posted his eighth 20-point game of the season and his fifth 20-point performance in eight games against NEC foes.
- Kiss is averaging 19.6 ppg in NEC games.
- Kiss hit a season-high four threes in the game.
- Green III has scored in double-figures in all 13 games and is averaging a team-best 18.3 ppg.
- Green III made all eight of his free throws for the second time this season.
Bryant is idle for the next 14 days. The Bulldogs return to the court on Jan. 30 at Fairleigh Dickinson.