SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's basketball team returns to the court this weekend when it travels to Hackensack, New Jersey, for a pair of games against preseason favorite Fairleigh Dickinson.
Saturday's game will tip at 7 p.m. and Sunday will tip at 4 p.m. Both games will be streamed live and free of charge on NECFrontRow.com.
Opponent: Fairleigh Dickinson
Location: Rothman Center (Hackensack, N.J.)
Date and Time: Saturday, Jan. 30 – 7 p.m. | Sunday, Jan. 31 - 4 p.m.
Watch: Thursday | Friday
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
Game Notes: Bryant
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #KEB1 | #NECMBB
Bryant trails the all-time series with FDU, 13-8. The Knights have won six-straight meetings between the two schools. Bryant's last win came on Jan. 28, 2017. The Bulldogs are 4-6 at the Rothman Center.
SCOUTING THE KNIGHTS
FDU enters the weekend at 3-9 overall and 2-4 in NEC play following a split against Saint Francis U earlier this week. The Knights returned to the court on Jan. 21 after missing nearly a month due to a COVID-19 pause. FDU was picked first in the NEC preseason poll and Jahlil Jenkins and Elyjah Williams were named to the preseason All-NEC team. Both are averaging 15.8 ppg this season.
WHAT TO KNOW
- Bryant's 10-3 start is the best in DI program history. The Bulldogs' 6-2 start to league play matches the 2012-13 team for the best eight-game start.
- The Bulldogs were ranked No. 25 in the Jan. 11 College Insider Mid-Major Top 25. It was the first time the team had entered the top 25 since the 2012-13 season. They have been in the receiving votes section each of the last two weeks.
- Bryant's six-game winning streak earlier this year marked just the third time in the last 16 years the program had won at least six in a row.
- Bryant became the first team in the NEC since 2003, and the first Bryant team in DI program history, to score 100+ points in back-to-back games (138 vs. RIC and 101 vs. SFBK).
- The Bulldogs were are also the first team in NEC history to start the season with six-straight games of at least 80 points.
- Bryant now ranks fourth nationally in scoring average (89.2) and is third nationally in tempo (76.4) according to kenpom.com. The Bulldogs are averaging 103.3 points per 100 possessions.
- Head coach Jared Grasso is in his third season on the Bryant sidelines, having posted a 35-40 record.
- Michael Green III leads Bryant and ranks third in the NEC with 18.3 ppg. He's also added 4.2 rpg and 4.4 apg. Green III has scored in double-figures in all 13 contests and has four 20-point games.
- Green III also became the first player in program history to post 20+ points and 10+ assists in the same game when he scored 20 and handed out 10 assists against Wagner on Dec. 16.
- Peter Kiss is second on the team in scoring, averaging 17.8 per game. In NEC play, Kiss has scored 20 points or more in five of the eight games and is averaging 19.6 ppg.
- Kiss has posted eight 20-point games and recorded the first triple-double in DI program history on Jan. 7.
- Chris Childs is one of the top three-point shooters in the country, ranking 37th nationally with 41 made threes. He also ranks 19th in 3s per game (3.15) and 30th in three-point field goal percentage (43.2).
- Charles Pride is averaging 13.2 ppg, 6.8 rpg and 3.0 apg on the year. He posted his second-career 20-point game on Jan. 14 at Saint Francis U.
- Hall Elisias ranks 5th nationally in blocked shots per game (3.23) and 10th in total blocks (42).