HACKENSACK, N.J. – The Bryant University men's basketball team fell to Fairleigh Dickinson, 95-84, on Sunday afternoon at the Rothman Center.
Bryant received 24 points from redshirt senior Peter Kiss and 18 points from sophomore Charles Pride. The Black and Gold shot just 38.9 percent from the field, while the Knight finished at 57.9 percent, including a 68.0 percent mark in the second half.
Bryant 84, Fairleigh Dickinson 95
Records: Bryant 10-5, 6-4 NEC | FDU 5-9, 4-4 NEC
Location: Rothman Center
- Bryant pulled within three at the 12-minute mark of the second half but the Knights responded with a 9-0 run and was able to hold on to the advantage.
How it Happened
- Kiss got Bryant off to a hot start with eight points in the first eight minutes of the game. After sophomore Michael Green III opened the game with a three, Kiss drilled a step-back three and then converted a long pass from redshirt junior Luis Hurtado Jr. into a three-point play.
- Bryant built a 12-point lead, 20-8, following a technical foul on the FDU bench. The Knights, however, scored the next eight points to close the gap.
- FDU trimmed the deficit to five before Green III answered with a three and Kiss followed with a foul-line jumper to make it a 32-23 game.
- Bryant, however, went scoreless over the next 5:43, allowing FDU to take the lead. Brandon Rush converted a Bryant turnover into a three at the 5:17 mark.
- Green III would tie the game at 38 with a layup but Jenkins was able to bank home a contested three at the halftime buzzer to give the Knights the lead at the break.
- Bryant took a brief 42-41 lead early in the second half before the Knights scored six-straight points and never looked back.
- Chris Childs pulled Bryant within three with a trifecta at the 12:07 mark but the Knights answered with a 9-0 run.
- The closest Bryant would get over the final 10 minutes was six, 74-68.
- That was followed by an 8-1 run by the Knights.
- Bryant finished 28-of-72 (38.9) from the field, 14-of-41 (34.1) from three and 14-of-20 (70.0) from the line.
- FDU outrebounded Bryant, 42-34.
- Kiss posted 24 points on 8-of-18 shooting. He added six boards and four assists.
- Pride finished with 18 points, five boards and two assists.
- Childs had 16 points and three rebounds.
- Green III finished with 11 points, four rebounds and two steals.
- Hurtado Jr. added four points, six rebounds and two steals.
- Bryant has lost eight-straight to FDU and has not won in Hackensack since Jan. 4, 2016 (six games).
- Kiss posted his ninth 20-point game of the season and has scored 20+ points in six of his 10 NEC outings.
- Childs finished in double-figures for the 14th time this season.
- Pride averaged 16.0 ppg in the two games this weekend.
- Hurtado Jr. posted his third game of 6+ assists.
Bryant returns to the Chace Athletic Center this week when it welcomes Mount St. Mary's for a pair of games starting on Thursday. Tip is set for 4:00 p.m.