CLEMSON, S.C. – The Bryant University men's basketball team fell to Clemson, 93-70, on Monday night at Littlejohn Coliseum.
Clemson 93, Bryant 68
Records: Bryant 1-2 | Clemson 3-0
Location: Littlejohn Coliseum (Clemson, S.C.)
- Clemson closed the first half on a 7-0 run to build a 12-point edge. The run was part of a 30-13 Clemson run spanning roughly 10 minutes of gameplay.
How it Happened
- Clemson grabbed an early lead, scoring six-straight points in the paint to open the game.
- The Bulldogs clawed their way back in behind nine-straight points from a scorching Kiss. He hit a pair of shots in the paint before drilled a three to make it a two-point game. Kiss would score 12 of Bryant's first 14 points.
- Childs then took over, hitting three-consecutive triples to make it a one-point game, 21-20.
- A spinning layup from Luis Hurtado Jr. made it 28-25 and Kiss tied the game with a contested three just before the under-8 media timeout.
- Kiss and Childs would score 29 of Bryant's first 35 points, with Clemson holding a 42-35 lead with 3:00 minutes remaining.
- Clemson, however, closed the half on a 7-0 run, part of a bigger 16-5 run, to take a 52-40 lead into the break.
- Kiss and Childs combined to score 29 of Bryant's first 40 points.
- Clemson took advantage of a slow start for the Bulldogs in the second half, outscoring them 17-8 in the first seven minutes. The run made it 69-48 in favor of the Tigers.
- Charles Pride then drilled a three and canned three free throws to make it 69-54.
- Clemson, however, would lead by at least 13 for the remainder of the contest.
- Bryant finished 26-of-61 (42.6 percent) from the field, 9-of-27 (33.3 percent) from three and 9-of-11 (81.8 percent) from the line.
- The Bulldogs were 16-of-30 in the first half but just 10-of-31 in the second half.
- Bryant and Clemson both shot 7-of-11 from three in the first half.
- Clemson outrebounded Bryant, 39-27.
- Kiss finished with 24 points on 10-of-20 shooting from the field. He added eight rebounds, four assists and two steals.
- Childs went 5-for-5 from three to finish with 15 points.
- Tyler Brelsford and Pride each finished with eight points. Pride added three assists.
- Kiss was playing in his first game of the season.
- Kiss is now 18 points shy of 1,000 for his collegiate career.
- Kiss posted his 14th-career 20-point game.
- Childs posted his fifth game of 5+ threes as a Bulldog.
- Childs is the only player in DI program history to make as many as five three pointers without a miss.
- Elisias now has 142 career blocks, moving to within six of Dan Garvin's program record.
Bryant travels to Daytona Beach, Florida to compete in the Sunshine Slam on Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 20-21. The Bulldogs will face Bethune-Cookman on Saturday afternoon at noon.