DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Peter Kiss and Hall Elisias each achieved milestones as the Bryant University men's basketball team defeated Holy Cross, 78-62, on the final day of the Sunshine Slam in Daytona Beach.
Kiss needed just four points to reach 1,000 for his career and decided to score a career-high 35. The 35 points are tied fo the second-most in a single-game DI program history. Elisias on the other hand, needed just one block to tie the DI program career record and went on to block six. He now holds the DI career record with 152.
The duo were the only Bulldogs to finish in double figures, with Kiss adding five boards, three assists and four steals. Elisias had 14 points and seven rebounds to go with his six blocks. Charles Pride led Bryant with 11 rebounds.
Bryant 78, Holy Cross 62
Records: Bryant 2-3 | Holy Cross 1-4
Location: Ocean Center (Daytona Beach, Fla.)
- Bryant turned a 33-25 lead into a 52-25 lead with a 19-0 run that spanned nearly five minutes of game action.
How it Happened
- Pride posted a pair of buckets inside to give the Bulldogs a 6-0 lead at the first media timeout.
- Kiss reached 1,000 career points with a finish inside to give Bryant an 8-2 lead. He followed that with a corner three and his afternoon was off and running.
- Holy Cross would get within 13-9 but the Bulldogs got a corner three from Childs and a three from the top of the key from Elisias.
- Bryant would push its lead to 13 with 5:19 remaining before the Crusaders pulled back within seven with 1:39 left in the first half.
- Elisias recorded his 149th block during the stretch, giving him the DI program record.
- Kiss would drill a three from the corner with 1:25 left to jumpstart a 22-2 run that put the game away. Kiss beat the first-half horn with a driving layup.
- Elisias helped Bryant continue the run with seven quick points to start the second half. He converted a three-point play to make it 50-25 with 16:43 remaining.
- Kiss provided a highlight play when he stole a Holy Cross pass and raced down for a reverse slam to make it 57-27 with 13:53 remaining.
- Bryant's lead would hover around 20 points for the remainder of the contest.
- Bryant finished 27-of-60 (45 percent) from the field, 7-of-25 (28 percent) from three and 17-of-22 (77 percent) from the line.
- Bryant outrebounded Holy Cross, 41-37.
- The Bulldogs scored 20 points off of 16 Holy Cross turnovers. Bryant also posted 40 points in the paint.
- Kiss finished with 35 points on 14-of-25 shooting from the field. He was 4-of-9 from three and added five rebounds, three assists and four steals.
- Elisias finished with 14 points, seven rebounds and six blocks.
- Pride posted four points, 11 rebounds and and two assists.
- Chris Childs added nine points.
- Bryant and Holy Cross are separated by just 31 miles up 146 but were meeting for the first time…in Florida.
- Kiss reached the 1,000-point mark for his career. He now has 1,031 career points.
- Kiss' 35 points are tied for the second-most in a single-game in DI program history. It's the most scored by a Bulldog player since Dec. 21, 2013 when Dyami Starks scored 35 against Delaware at Madison Square Garden.
- The 14 made field goals for Kiss are the second-most in DI program history.
- Elisias blocked 5+ shots for the third time this year and 3+ shots for the 26th time in his career.
- Elisias blocked 11 shots in two games this weekend.
- Elisias now has 152 career blocks, surpassing the previous DI program record of 148 that was held by Dan Garvin.
- Elisias is averaging 2.7 blocks per game in 57 games as a Bulldog.
Bryant returns to Rhode Island this week, facing Brown on Black Friday in Providence. Tip is set for 2:00 p.m. and the game will be televised on NESN.