Bryant hosts Mount St. Mary's Saturday afternoon
SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's basketball welcomes Mount St. Mary's to the Chace Athletic Center on Saturday afternoon in a rematch of last years Northeast Conference Championship. Tip is set for 1:00 p.m.
Saturday's game will be streamed live on NECFrontRow.
Opponent: Mount St. Mary's
Location: Chace Athletic Center (Smithfield, R.I.)
Date and Time: Saturday, Jan. 15 - 1:00 PM EST
Tickets: Buy Now
Live Stats: Sidearm
Game Notes: Bryant | Mount
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #KEB1 | #NECMBB
Saturday's game will be a rematch of last year's Northeast Conference Championship, won by Mount St. Mary's, 73-68. Charles Pride scored 33 points in the game, hitting an NEC Championship-record eight threes. Mount holds a 16-9 lead in the Division I series, having won each of the last three. Bryant is 7-6 at home against the Mountaineers.
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
- Bryant enters this weekend with a 3-1 record in NEC play. The Bulldogs lost a heartbreaker at Wagner last Thursday, 84-81, in overtime. Bryant's Saturday game with FDU was canceled due to COVID-19 protocols within the FDU program, giving Bryant a forfeit victory.
- Peter Kiss enters the week as the league's leading scorer with 20.6 points per game. He has scored 20+ points in three of his last four games, including 27 last time out. He made 13-of-14 free throws at Wagner.
- Charles Pride has also been on a tear, averaging 19.0 points, 9.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists over his last five games. He has posted three double-doubles in that span and leads the league with five on the year.
- Hall Elisias remains one of the nation's elite shot blockers, ranking fifth nationally with 3.5 blocks per game. He has 180 in his Bryant career.
- Saturday's game will be Bryant's fifth home game of the year. The Bulldogs are 3-1 at home this season and 13-2 at home over the last two years.