Fayetteville, Md. - The Bryant University men's golf team finished in fifth place at the Carpetbaggers Classic with an overall team score of +31 after shooting a +10 in the final round.
Course: Worthington Manor Golf Club
Par 72 7,034 Yards
Coach Blanchard's Comments
"Team played better today... Dan Kurson and Doug Champagne shot even par 72. Pat Galleher solid round +2. Tyler Hahn made a few birdies coming in to shoot +3. Overall we improved as a team and are looking forward to nice weather and Penn national in the first week in April".
- Senior Doug Champagne competed as an individual and shot an even 72 and finished tied for 15th and +7 overall. Redshirt sophomore Dan Kurson also shot an even-par 72 and placed tied for 15th.
- Sophomore Jack Woods recorded a five-over 77 and ended the round tied for 12th with an overall score of +6.
- Junior Tyler Hahn registered a three-over 75 and wound up tied for 22nd with a two-round score of +9.
- Sophomore Patrick Galleher shot a two-over 74 on the day to place tied for 33rd.
- Junior Nick Piersall posted a five-over 77 in the final round of the tournament and finished tied for 36th (+11).
1. Fairleigh Dickinson - 596 (+20)
2. Bucknell University - 601 (+25)
3. Robert Morris - 605 (+29)
4. Towson - 606 (+30)
5. Bryant University - 607 (+31)
6. Iona College - 608 (+32)
7. Lafayette College - 609 (+33)
T8. Binghamton - 611 (+35)
T8. Mount St. Mary's - 611 (+35)
10. Mount St. Mary's (B) - 315 (+27)
The Black and Gold will compete in the Fairleigh Dickinson Invitational on April 1-3.