Fayetteville, Pa. - Nick Piersall of the Bryant University men's golf team is in first place on the individual leaderboard after shooting a two-under 70 in round one. The team is also in first place with a first-round total of +13.
Course: Penn National Golf Club
Par 72 6,972 Yards
Coach Blanchard's Comments
"In very difficult conditions 20-30 mph winds and temp in the low 30s. We battled to a solid 1st round. Nick Piersall played great firing a 2 under 70. To lead the tournament. Dan Kurson Battled back from a thought start to fire 1 under in the back posting a 76. Jack woods and Patrick Galleher played well all day firing 77-78. We are looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully better condition".
How it Happened
- Piersall is in first place after shooting a two-under 70 in round one.
- Dan Kurson posted a six-over 76, which landed him tied for eighth on the leaderboard.
- Jack Woods finds himself tied for 14th after he produced a five-over 77.
- Patrick Galleher registered a six over 78, this puts him tied for 22nd on the leaderboard.
- Doug Champagne tallied an eight-over 80 (t-34th).
- The Black and Gold recorded 10 birdies today.
1. Bryant Univeristy - 301 (+13)
2. Sacred Heart - 304 (+16)
3. St. Francis Pa. - 306 (+18)
4. Youngstown State - 309 (+21)
5. Robert Morris Pa. - 310 (+22)
6. Mount St. Mary's - 311 (+23)
7. Towson - 312 (+24)
8. Fairleigh Dickinson - 314 (+26)
9. Long Island - 315 (+27)
10. Wagner College - 321 (+33)
The Bulldogs will play in the final round of the Fairleigh Dickinson Invitational tomorrow.