Bulldogs fall to Hobart in NEC Semifinals
PHILADELPHIA – The Bryant University men's lacrosse team saw its season come to a close on Thursday, falling 21-5 to third-seeded Hobart in the 2022 Northeast Conference Men's Lacrosse Semifinals.
Bryant scored the first two goals on Thursday but the Statesmen controlled the remainder of the game, outscoring the Bulldogs 12-2 in the second half.
No. 3 Hobart 17, No. 2 Bryant 4
Records: Bryant 8-7, Hobart 7-5
Location: Sweeney Field (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Hobart scored three goals in the final three minutes of the first quarter to take a 5-3 lead after 15 minutes. The Statesmen never looked back.
How it Happened
- Goltz and Lacroix scored the first two goals of the afternoon to make it 2-0 just two minutes in.
- After a Hobart goal, Jones took a clearing pass from Luke Caracciolo and raced down the field, bouncing one home to make it 3-1.
- Trailing 3-2, Ryan Archer tied the game and Derek Madonna scored twice to give Hobart a 5-3 lead.
- Anthony Dattellas potted a pair of goals in the second quarter as Hobart outscored Bryant 4-0 and led 9-3 at the half.
- It was all Hobart in the second half as the Statesmen answered a Bryant goal with nine-straight tallies to make it 18-4 at the end of the third.
- Hobart outshot Bryant, 54-37.
- The Statesmen held a slim edge in ground balls, 38-36.
- Hobart won 17-of-29 at the X.
- Lacroix, Goltz, Hackett, Abladian and Jones all scored for Bryant.
- Jacob Alexander collected five ground balls.
- Bryant is now 4-2 against Hobart in the NEC Tournament.
- O'Rourke saw his 26-game goal scoring streak and 50-game point streak come to a close.
- O'Rourke finishes his career with 220 career points.