Madison and Reim score in 3-2 OT loss versus Huskies
SMITHFIELD, R.I. - Aaron Madison and Keegan Reim of the Bryant University men's soccer team scored their first career goals in the 3-2 double-overtime loss to Northeastern on the Bulldog Soccer Field.
Records: Northeastern 3 (1-0-1), Bryant 2 (0-2)
Location: Smithfield, R.I. (Bulldog Soccer Field)
- The Huskies scored their third goal of the game in double overtime to win the match.
- 1st minute - Bryant 1, Northeastern 0 - Madison scored on a header after Barnaby Brandon crossed it in from the right side of the field.
- 24th minute - Northeastern 1, Bryant 1 - Northeastern tied it on a free-kick goal from 20 yards out.
- 39th minute - Bryant 2, Northeastern 1 - Matt Supczak settled the ball on the left side of the field and sent a pass to Reim that he riffled with his right foot for Bryant's second goal of the game.
- 57th minute - Northeastern 2, Bryant 2 - The Huskies tied the game at two off of a save by Jack Bacon that the Northeastern forward finished.
- 107th minute - Northeastern 3, Bryant 2 - Northeastern won the game off a goal from Soren Ilsoe, who took the ball from left to right and shot it past the Bryant Goalie with his right foot.
- Madison and Reim both scored their first career goals as Bulldogs.
- Brandon dished out his first career assist.
- Supczak tallied his first assist of the season and fourth as a member of the Black and Gold.
- Bryant Recorded 16 shots (nine on goal)
- Bacon had four saves today.
The Bulldogs will stay in Smithfield to face-off against Siena at Beirne Stadium. Kick-off is 7:00 p.m. on Saturday.