Bryant defeats Brown 4-2 for first win of 2021
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Ben Williams of the Bryant Univeristy men's soccer team scored twice in the Bulldog's first win of the season. Teammates Nick Awada and Barnaby Brandon also scored in the 4-2 triumph against Brown.
Records: Bryant 4 (1-3), Brown 2 (1-1)
Location: Providence, R.I. (Stevenson-Pincince Field)
Coach Purcell's Comments
"This was a great win for our team. It's the first time in program history that we beat Brown on the road. The team had been struggling at the beginning of the season, but after this game, you can really see the team starting to play well together".
- The Bulldogs went on a 4-0 run after trailing 2-0 to start the game.
- 22nd minute - Brown 1, Bryant 0 - Brown scored the first goal of the game on a cross from the midfielder.
- 25th minute - Brown 1, Bryant 0 - Owen Schwartz shot the ball past the Bryant goaltender after receiving a pass from his teammate.
- 27th minute - Bryant 1, Brown 2 - Williams scored on a breakaway to cut the Bears lead in half.
- 29th minute - Bryant 2, Brown 2 - Awada tied the game, after rifling a shot to the left side of the Brown goalie.
- 43rd minute - Bryant 3, Brown 2 - The third goal of the game was scored by Brandon, who was assisted on a pass from Williams.
- 63rd minute - Bryant 4, Brown 2 - Williams found the back of the net for a second time on an assist from Keegan Reim.
- Williams scored twice against Brown.
- Awada and Brandon also found the back of the net.
- Reim and Williams dished out assists.
- Jack Bacon recorded one save.
- This is the first win of the season for the Black and Gold.
- Bryant and Brown each had 13 shots.
The Bulldogs will return to Smithfield on Sunday to face off against Harvard starting at 1:00 p.m.