Williams nets two goals in 3-1 win over MSM
SMITHFIELD, R.I. - Ben Williams of the Bryant University men's soccer team scored twice for the second time this season in the 3-1 win over Northeast Conference member Mount St. Mary's. Aaron Madison scored the third Bulldog goal and recorded his first assist as a member of the Black and Gold.
Records: Bryant 3 (2-3-2), Mount St. Mary's 1 (2-6)
Location: Smithfield, R.I. (Bulldog Soccer Field)
- Williams scored two goals in under two minutes to give the Bulldogs a two-goal lead early in the first half.
- 11th minute - Bryant 1, MSM 0 - The Bulldogs had a corner on the right side of the field. The ball was sent in the center of the box, where Barnaby Brandon flicked it to Williams who kicked it to the left of the goalie.
- 13th minute - Bryant 2, MSM 0 - Bryant was awarded a free-kick after a Mountaineers foul. Madison took the free-kick and curved the ball to the left, then Williams came in from behind the pack and headed it in the top left corner of the net.
- 73rd minute - Bryant 3, MSM 0 - Diego Rodriguez started the fastbreak through midfield. He dished it off to Luis Fernando Paúl, who made a series of moves before passing it to Madison. Madison settled it and rifled the shot to the top right of the goal.
- 74th minute - MSM 1, Bryant 3 - The Mountainers shot a free-kick to the left, which deflected off of the Bryant Goaltender, and set up the MSM forward for the tap in goal.
- Williams scored his fourth and fifth goals of the season. Williams has now tied his career-high in goals.
- Madison tallied his second goal this year and his first assist.
- Brandon dished out assist number two on the season.
- Paúl recorded his first career assist.
- Jack Bacon had five saves this afternoon.
- Bulldogs outshot the Mountaineers 17-13.
The Black and Gold will head to Brooklyn to face the Terriers on Thursday.