Madison and Williams score in win vs. SHU
SMITHFIELD, R.I. - Aaron Madison and Ben Williams of the Bryant University men's soccer team scored goals in the 2-0 defeat of Sacred Heart at home this afternoon. Madison also had an assist on the Williams goal.
Records: Bryant 2 (4-6-2), Sacred Heart 0 (3-6-2)
Location: Smithfield, R.I. (Bulldog Soccer Field)
Coach Purcell's Comments
"It was a much-needed win, to say the least. Our training this week was really focused on getting a clean sheet... We've been a little unlucky over the past few games. It was great to see both Ben and Aaron get back in the scoring sheet".
- The Bulldogs scored two goals within five minutes of each other and held SHU scoreless.
- 27th minute - Bryant 1, Sacred Heart 0 - The Black and Gold were awarded a corner on the right side of the field. David Medeiros took the corner and sent a cross in front of the goal, which set up Madison, who headed it in for the score.
- 30th minute - Bryant 2, Sacred Heart 0 - Madison started the break through the middle of the field. He then sent a pass across the field to Williams, who corraled took a few steps, and rifled a shot past the SHU goaltender.
- Madison scored his third goal of the season and dished out his third career assist.
- Williams is now in sole possession of third place in goals with seven in the Northeast Conference.
- Medeiros recorded his first assist of the year and the second of his career.
- Jack Bacon posted his second shutout of the season along with five saves.
- Bryant outshot the Pioneers 12-9.
The Bulldogs will head to Central Connecticut a week from today.