Bulldogs fall to LIU on PKs in NEC Semifinal
BROOKVILLE, N.Y. - The Bryant University men's soccer team falls to LIU 5-4 in penalty kicks in the Northeast Conference Semifinal game this afternoon.
Records: LIU 0 (12-4-1), Bryant 0 (6-8-2) (Final PK 5-4)
Location: Brookville, N.Y. (LIU Soccer Park)
- Abdel Talabi's penalty kick was saved by the LIU goaltender.
- Ben Williams scored the first penalty kick by going bottom left against the LIU goaltender.
- The Sharks first player scored his penalty kick shooting bottom right.
- Aaron Madison went top shelf for the Bulldog's second shootout goal.
- LIUs second shooter went to the right of the Bryant goaltender.
- Luis Fernando Paul netted the third shootout goal going right when the goaltender dove to the left.
- The third LIU player to score went to the right just past the outstretched arms of the Bryant goaltender.
- Andre Vieira scored his shootout goal in the top right of the net.
- The Sharks recorded the fourth penalty kick by going to the left of the Bryant goalie.
- LIU won the game on a hesitation shot by their forward.
- Bryant ends the season with a 5-5 conference record.
- This was the Bulldog's fifth trip to the NEC tournament.
- Jack Bacon made a career-high nine saves today.
- Both the Black and Gold and LIU tallied four corners.