WEST POINT, N.Y. -- The Bryant University men's tennis team won its third-straight match on Sunday, defeating Army 5-2.
Bryant 5, Army 2
Records: Bryant (3-0), Army (2-1)
Coach Gendron's Comments
"Great college match. Two very even opponents fighting it out for every point. It's always good to go to the academy's and even better to play a very competitive match where you can take home a W."
How It Happened
- Bryant won the doubles point for a third-straight match by winning at 2 and 3. Trent Massm and Diego Trejo won at 2, while Grant Pertile and Diego Serra Sparrow won at 3 to clinch the point.
- The Bulldogs clinched the match with singles victories at 1, 3, 5 and 6.
- Wilson Dong won at No. 1 singles for the first time this year, claiming the point in three sets.
- Serra Sparrow won at No. 3, while Teauge Burger and Nick Lorenz continued their impressive play, winning at No. 5 and No. 6.
1. Huttepain/Eden def. Dong/Pregel, 6-2
2. Massam/Trejo def/ Gorshein/Huarte, 4-6
3. Pertile/Serra-Sparrow def. Jose/Rooney, 2-6
1. Dong def. Huttepain; 6-4, 2-6, 3-6
2. Eden def. Massam; 7-6 (7-1), 6-4
3. Serra-Sparrow def. Gorshein; 2-6, 1-6
4. Hurate def. Pregel; 4-6, 6-3, 6-1
5. Burger def.Jose; 3-6, 7-5
6. Lorenz def. Kesti; 6-3, 6-7, 4-6
The Bulldogs open Northeast Conference play this weekend when they travel to face Merrimack on Saturday, March 20.