Bryant splits with MIT, Yale
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. and NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- The Bryant University men's tennis team split a pair of matches on Saturday, defeating MIT and falling to Yale.
Bryant earned a 4-3 victory over MIT but dropped a 7-0 decision to Yale.
- Bryant claimed the doubles point with wins at No. 1 and No. 3 doubles.
- The Bulldogs then clinched the match with wins at No. 2, No. 4 and No. 5.
- Diego Serra Sparrow and Andrew Pregel won in straight sets, while Grant Pertile rallied for a three-set victory.
- Yale only gave up six points in doubles play to sweep the point.
- The Bulldogs then only dropped one set as they swept all six singles matches.
Serra Sparrow/Trejo (BRY) def. Grant/Antov (MIT), 8-4
Nelms/Chakladar (MIT) def. Pertile/Pregel (BRY), 8-7
Lorenz/Burger (BRY) def. Ebanks/Sharygin (MIT), 8-6
Shen (MIT) def. Lorenz (BRY), 6-3, 4-6, 6-4
Serra Sparrow (BRY) def. Jordaan (MIT), 6-2, 6-0
Papacica (MIT) def. Burger (BRY), 6-3, 7-5
Pregel (BRY) def. Xiao (MIT), 6-3, 7-5
Pertile (BRY) def. Kahler (MIT), 2-6, 6-3, 7-6
Grossman (MIT) def. Trejo (BRY), 6-7, 6-4, 6-2
1. Cody Lin/Michael Sun (Y) def. Will Pellegrini/Marcus Macaulay (B) 6-0
2. Aidan Reilly/Theo Dean (Y) def. Aryaan Sen/Sepehr Raissi (B) 6-3
3. Luke Neal/Shervin Dehmoubed (Y) def. Leonardo Mileikowsky/Jean Christopher Baril (B) 6-3
1.Michael Sun (Y) def. /Sepehr Raissi (B) 6-1, 6-2
2. Theo Dean (Y) def. Aryaan Sen (B) 6-1, 6-0
3. Cody Lin (Y) def. Will Pellegrini (B) 6-3, 6-1
4. Aidan Reilly (Y) def. Leonardo Mileikowsky (B) 6-3, 6-3
5. Shervin Dehmoubed (Y) def. Jean Christopher Baril (B) 1-6, 6-3, 6-0
6. Luke Neal (Y) def, Marcus Macaulay (B) 6-1, 6-2
Bryant will face Merrimack next Friday.