Bryant downs FDU, 5-2, on Saturday
SMITHFIELD, R.I. -- The Bryant University men's tennis team earned a 5-2 victory over Northeast Conference rival Fairleigh Dickinson on Saturday afternoon in Smithfield.
The Bulldogs are now 5-0 in NEC play.
- FDU jumped out to the lead with victories at No. 1 and No. 3 doubles. Grant Pertile and Andrew Pregel won at No. 2 to start things but the Knights won at 3 and 1 to clinch the point.
- FDU then grabbed a victory at No. 2 singles to make it 2-0.
- The Bulldogs, however, answered the bell. Diego Serra Sparrow won 6-3, 6-2 at No. 1 and Pertile tied the match at 2-2 with a three-set victory at No. 6.
- Pregel then bounced back from a first-set loss at No. 4 to win in three. Teague Burger followed with a three-set victory at No. 3 to clinch the match.
- Leonardo Mileikowsky closed the match with a three-set victory at No. 5. He lost the first set in a tiebreak but won 6-3, 6-3 to close it out.
Dhouib/Pietsch (FDU) def. Serra Sparrow/Trejo (BRY), 6-3
Pertile/Pregel (BRY) def. Trainauskas/Linley (FDU), 6-0
Budinszky/Sriram (FDU) def. Burger/Lorenz (BRY), 6-4
Serra Sparrow (BRY) def. Trainauskas (FDU), 6-3, 6-2
Dhouib (FDU) def. Lorenz (BRY), 6-2, 6-1
Burger (BRY) def. Sriram (FDU), 6-4, 5-7, 6-4
Pregel (BRY) def. Pietsch (FDU), 6-7 (4), 6-1, 6-3
Mileikowsky (BRY) def. Budinszky (FDU), 6-7 (2), 6-3, 6-3
Pertile (BRY) def. Linley (FDU), 5-7, 6-3, 6-0
The Bulldogs will host Holy Cross on Wednesday at 2:30 p.m.