Bryant advances to NEC Championship with 4-0 win over LIU
WEST WINDSOR, N.J. -- The top-seeded Bryant University men's tennis team advanced to the championship match of the 2022 Northeast Conference Tennis Championships with a 4-0 victory over fourth-seeded LIU on Friday.
Bryant will face third-seeded Fairleigh Dickinson in the NEC Championship match on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. The Black and Gold will be appearing in their eighth title match and have won six championships.
How it Happened
- Bryant claimed the doubles point with victories at the top two spots.
- Diego Serra Sparrow and Diego Trejo won 6-3 at No. 1 and Grant Pertile and Andrew Pregel won 6-4 at No. 2.
- Serra Sparrow and Trejo won for the third-straight match, while Pertile and Pregel won for the fourth consecutive outing.
- Bryant closed the match with victories at No. 2, No. 3 and No. 5.
- Nick Lorenz won 6-3, 6-2 at No. 2, while Teague Burger won 6-4, 6-3 at No. 3. Leonard Mileikowsky closed it out with a 6-3, 6-3 victory at No. 5.
Serra Sparrow/Trejo (BRY) def. Brandherm/Hilble (LIU), 6-4
Pregel/Pertile (BRY) def. Ishchanka/Indrabalan (LIU), 6-4
D'Anna/De Mederios (LIU) vs. Lorenz/Baril (BRY), 5-4, unfinished
Serra Sparrow (BRY) vs. Brandherm (LIU), 7-6, 3-0, unfinished
Lorenz (BRY) def. Ishchanka (LIU), 6-3, 6-2
Burger (BRY) def. Hilble (LIU), 6-4, 6-3
Pregel (BRY) vs. Ferandez (LIU), 6-4, 5-2, unfinished
Mileikowsky (BRY) def. D'Anna (LIU), 6-3, 6-3
Pertile (BRY) vs. Indrabalan (LIU), 7-6, 3-1, unfinished
The top-seeded Bulldogs will face rival and third-seeded FDU on Saturday in the NEC Championship. The match is set for 1:00 p.m.