Bryant falls to FDU, 4-3, in NEC final
WEST WINDSOR, N.J. -- The top-seeded Bryant University men's tennis team fell to third-seeded Fairleigh Dickinson, 4-3, in Saturday's Northeast Conference Championship.
Saturday marked the fourth finals meeting between the league's two winningest programs. FDU evened the ledger at 2-2 with a thrilling 4-3 victory. The match marked Bryant's final match as a member of the NEC.
How it Happened
- FDU claimed the doubles point with a thrilling 7-5 victory at No. 1 doubles.
- The Knights then jumped out to a 3-0 lead in singles play before Bryant rallied.
- Teague Burger, Andrew Pregel and Leonardo Mileikowsky all won to tie the match at 3-3. Pregel and Mileikowsky won in three sets.
- FDU, however, clinched the match with a come-from-behind victory at No. 1.
1. Mehdi Dhouib/Niclas Pietsch (FDU) def. Diego Serra Sparrow/Diego Trejo (BRY), 7-5
2. Grant Pertile/Andrew Pregel (BRY) def. Justas Trainauskas/Younes Adnane (FDU), 6-2
3. Moric Budinszky/Arjun Sriram (FDU) def. Jean Christophe Baril/Nick Lorenz (BRY), 6-3
1. Teodors Pukse (FDU) def. Diego Serra Sparrow (BRY) 4-6, 6-4, 6-4
2. Mehdi Dhouib (FDU) def. Nick Lorenz (BRY), 6-2, 6-4
3. Teague Burger (BRY) def. Justas Trainauskas (FDU) 6-2, 7-5
4. Andrew Pregel (BRY) def. Arjun Sriram (FDU) 2-6, 6-4, 6-1
5. Leonardo Mileikowsky (BRY) def. Niclas Pietsch (FDU) 4-6, 6-2, 6-1
6. Younes Adnane (FDU) def. Grant Pertile (BRY) 6-4, 6-3