Macon, GA – The Bryant University softball team fell to Georgia St. by a score of 11-4 in the first game of the Black and Orange Challenge in Macon, GA.
Georgia St. 11, Bryant 4
Location: Sikes Field (Macon, Ga)
W | L | S: Emily Buck (2-3) | Sarah McKeveny (0-3)
Coach French's Comments
"Just one bad inning where things snowballed a bit on us. We battled hard otherwise and bounced back after the early deficit but couldn't overcome the big inning".
Key Moment vs. Georgia St.
- Georgia St. scored seven runs in the bottom of the fourth inning.
How it Happened vs. Georgia St.
- Georgia St. hit a solo home run in the bottom of the first inning to take a 1-0 lead.
- Panthers hit another home run and then a two-RBI double in the bottom of the second inning (4-0).
- Gabrielle Ermish (Pottstown, Pa.) hit a grand slam in the top of the third inning to tie the game at 4. Prior to that, the Bulldogs loaded the bases on two walks and a bunt single from Tiffany Bell (Egg Harbor City, N.J.).
- The Panthers responded with a seven-run inning in the bottom of the fourth inning, scoring on two RBI doubles and RBI singles to take an 11-4 lead.
Stats vs. Georgia St.
- Ermish had a Grand Slam bringing in 4 runs for the Bulldogs.
- Toni Camarillo (Corona, Calif.) and Bell had a hit for the Black and Gold.
- Jenna Gardner (Millville, N.J.) had two stolen bases against the Panthers.
- McKeveny and Jocelyn Bodington (Cumberland, R.I.) each had three strikeouts. Ermish had one strikeout on the day.
- Ermish has had a home run every year she has been a Bulldog.
- Gardner recorded the first two stolen bases of her career.
- McKeveny now has six strikeouts on the season.
The Bulldogs will play Presbyterian at 10:00 a.m. and Mercer at 2:30 p.m. tomorrow in the Black and Orange Challenge.