Macon, Ga. - The Bryant University softball team fell to Akron by a score of 4-1 on Sunday morning in the final game of the Black and Orange challenge hosted by Mercer.
Akron 4, Bryant 1
Location: Sikes Field (Macon, Ga.)
W | L | S: Lexie Petrof (2-3) | Gabrielle Ermish (0-4) | Adrian Smith (1)
Coach French's Comments
"Tough day, we just couldn't get the bats going consistently. but we got a good pitching effort and that's a positive going forward as we start to pull it together."
Key Moment vs. Akron
- Akron scored two runs in the top of the fourth inning to take the lead.
How it Happened vs. Akron
- Tiffany Bell (Egg Harbor City, N.J.) was walked then stole second, which set up Gabrielle Ermish (Pottstown, Pa.) who hit an RBI single down the left-field line to score the first run of the game (1-0) in the bottom of the third inning.
- Akron tied the game at 1 scoring on a throwing error and then followed that up with an RBI single in the top of the fourth inning (2-1).
- In the top of the seventh inning, a Bulldog throwing error brought in two runs for the Zips increasing their lead to (4-1).
Stats vs. Akron
- Ermish had a hit and an RBI against Akron. Aleix Hudson (Lawrenceville, Ga.) also had one hit for the Bulldogs.
- Bell and Jenna Gardner (Millville, N.J.) each had a stolen base.
- Ermish and Sarah McKeveny (Bohemia, N.Y.) both had four strikeouts on the day.
- Ermish now has seven RBI's this season.
- Gardner leads the Black and gold in steals with four.
Bryant heads to Mississippi to face Southeast Missouri St. and Mississippi St. on Friday, March 6th in the Bulldog Slamboree.