Smithfield, R.I – The Bryant University Softball team will play a doubleheader today against Jackson St. and then will travel to Alabama to face off against the University of Alabama Birmingham and Samford on Wednesday and Thursday for a mid-week matchup.
Opponent: Game 1 – Jackson St. | Game 2 – Jackson St.
Location: University Field (Jackson, Miss.)
Time: Game 1 – 1 p.m. | Game 2 – 3 p.m.
Location: Marry Bowers Field (Birmingham, Alabama)
Time: 6 p.m.
Location: Samford Softball Stadium (Homewood, Alabama)
Time: 4 p.m.
- This will be the first time that The Bulldogs will face Jackson St., UAB, or Samford.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- The Black and Gold won two games at the Bulldog Slamboree against Mississippi Valley improving their record to 3-10.
- Freshman Kylie Kenney (Jamison, Pa.) now has two wins and one save on the season. Gabrielle Ermish (Pottstown, Pa.) picked up her first win of the season against the Red Devils.
- Ermish has the most RBI's on the team with nine and is tied for the lead in hits with Aleix Hudson (Lawrenceville, Ga.) and Toni Camarillo (Corona, Calif.) (8).
- Dakota Bilodeau (Milford, N.H.) and Jenna Garnder (Millville, N.J.) each have four stolen bases to lead the team.
Scouting the Field
- The Tigers are currently 6-15 to start the season. Last year Jackson St. finished with a 13-36 overall record.
- The Blazers have a 15-11 record and have won their last three games heading into the matchup against Bryant. Last season UAB posted a 19-31 overall record.
- Samford is 9-15 to begin the year. The Bulldogs finished last season eight games under .500 with a 23-31 overall record.