Chestnut Hill, Mass. – Freshman Alexis Clancy and sophomore Erica Barley of the Bryant University softball team recorded their first-career hits in the 8-0 loss to Boston College on Wednesday. Clancy also picked up her first career strikeout in relief.
Boston College 8, Bryant. 0
Location: Harrington Athletics Village (Chestnut Hill, Mass.)
W | L | S: CC Cook (1-3) | Jocelyn Bodington (0-1)
Coach French's Comments
" This was a great learning experience for a lot of young kids who got a chance to play college softball for the first time. We saw some good things and some stuff we'll have to clean up, but it's only going to make us better down the line".
- The Eagles hit a two-run home run in the bottom of the third to extend their lead to three (3-0).
How it Happened
- The Eagles hit an RBI single straight up the middle to take a one-run lead (1-0).
- In the bottom of the third inning, Alatorre hit a two-run home run to left with two outs for Boston College (3-0).
- BC hit a two-out RBI single between second and short to take a four-run lead in the bottom of the 4th (4-0).
- The Eagles hit a two-RBI double with the bases loaded and then hit a two-run single clearing the bases and ending the game in the bottom of the 6th inning (8-0).
- Bodington recorded five strikeouts.
- Clancy tallied her first-career strikeout and a hit.
- Barley picked up her first-career hit.
- Clancy, Megan Marcel, Annalise LoPresti, Trystan Salvador, and Courtney Paolantonio made their collegiate debuts today.
- Bulldogs fall to 1-12 all-time against Boston College.
The Black and Gold will head to Fordham to play in a Sunday doubleheader on March 14.