Smithfield, R.I. - The Bryant University softball team won their first game of the season in a 3-0 win over Holy Cross at Conaty Park on Sunday.
Coach French's Comments
"It was such a great feeling to be back out at Conaty Park after almost two years away, and even better to enjoy it with a win. We got a phenomenal pitching effort, played solid defense, and got some timely hitting and that's a recipe for success in this game every time you play"
- In the bottom of the third inning, the Bulldogs scored three runs, which were the only runs scored during the game.
How it Happened
- Dakota Bilodeau and Trystan Salvador hit back-to-back singles to start off the third inning. Bilodeau stole third, and Salvador stole second on the same pitch. Toni Camarillo then hit an RBI-single, bringing in Bilodeau for the first run of the game (1-0). Camarillo stole second, and during the next at-bat, Carlyn Hernandez hit into a fielder's choice scoring Salvador (2-0). Camarillo then scored the final run of the game on a Crusader's wild pitch (3-0).
- Camarillo and Hernandez each recorded a hit and an RBI.
- Salvador registered her first career hit as a Bulldog. Bilodeau also had a hit on the day.
- Bodington picked up her first win of the season and produced three strikeouts.
- Kenney received the save in relief.
- Sarah McKeveny pitched three innings of relief and posted a strikeout.
- Bulldogs won their first game of the season.
The Bulldogs will host UMASS in a doubleheader on Tuesday beginning at 2 PM.