New Britain, Conn. - The Bryant Univeristy softball team lost both games today against Central Connecticut by scores of 9-0 and 10-0.
Game 1: CCSU 9, Bryant 0
Game 2: CCSU 10, Bryant 0
Location: CCSU Softball Field (New Britain, Conn.)
W | L | S: Game 1: Kate Houghton (3-1) | Kylie Kenney (0-4)
W | L | S: Game 2: Kaylee Whittaker (3-1) | Jocelyn Bodington (2-6)
Key moment (Game 1)
- CCSU hit three home runs in the fifth, which ended the game.
How it Happened (Game 1)
- CCSU scored the first run of the game on an RBI single to center in the bottom of the first (1-0).
- In the bottom of the third, the Blue Devils added a run on a double to right-center (2-0).
- Central Connecticut scored three runs by hitting a sacrifice fly and a two-RBI single (5-0).
- In the bottom of the fifth, CCSU hit three home runs in a row to end the game (9-0).
Stats (Game 1)
- Toni Camarillo led the team with two hits.
- Erica Barley recorded a hit.
- Sarah McKeveny struck out one batter.
Key Moment (Game 2)
- The Blue Devils recorded six runs in the bottom of the third.
How it Happened (Game 2)
- The Blue Devils hit a three-run home run, and a sacrifice fly in the bottom of the first (4-0).
- In the bottom of the third, Central Connecticut drove in six runs on a double and a grand slam (10-0).
Stats (Game 2)
- Camarillo posted her third multi-hit game of the season.
- Bulldogs fall to 2-11.
The Black and Gold will face CCSU tomorrow in a doubleheader starting at 1:00 p.m.