Smithfield, R.I. - The Bryant Univeristy softball team dropped both games against Long Island by scores of 11-1 and 11-2 on Sunday.
Game 1: LIU 11, Bryant 1
Game 2: LIU 11, Bryant 2
Location: Conaty Park (Smithfield, R.I.)
W | L | S: Game 1: Tallie Woodson (9-1) | Caroline Paolantonio (0-3)
W | L | S: Game 2: Haley Irvis (4-0) | Jocelyn Bodington (2-8)
Coach French's Comments
"Obviously not the result we wanted on the scoreboard, but I'm proud of these kids for how hard they played. We are missing a lot of kids, but the energy and effort were there today".
Key moment (Game 1)
- The Sharks scored six runs in the first inning.
How it Happened (Game 1)
- In the top of the first, Long Island scored six runs on five RBI singles (6-0).
- The Sharks hit an RBI single to the pitcher extending their lead to seven in the top of the second (7-0).
- In the top of the third, LIU hit an RBi single up the middle bringing in two runs (9-0).
- Long Island slapped a two-run home run to left field in the top of the fourth (11-0).
- Morgan Powell hit a two-out single through the infield, which set up Megan Marcel, who hit an RBI double, in the bottom of the fourth (11-1).
- Erica Barley, Powell, Marcel, and Caroline Paolantonio all recorded hits.
- Marcel had an extra-base hit and an RBI.
- Dakota Bilodeau produced a stolen base.
- Caroline Paolantonio pitched three innings, and Alexis Clancy registered two.
Key Moment (Game 2)
- Long Island scored five runs in the top of the second making their lead six.
How it Happened (Game 2)
- In the top of the first, LIU scored the first run of the game on an RBI single (1-0).
- The Sharks added five runs to their lead on two doubles and two singles in the top of the second (6-0).
- Alexandra Hickey was hit by a pitch with two outs. Barley then hit an RBI double followed by an RBI single for Powell in the bottom of the fourth (6-2).
- In the top of the fifth, Long Island registered three runs on two Bulldog errors and an RBI single (9-2).
- LIU scored the final two runs of the game on an RBI single in the top of the sixth (11-2).
Stats (Game 2)
- Toni Camarillo, Barley, and Powell recorded hits.
- Powell and Barley produced RBIs.
- Bilodeau stole a base.
- Kylie Kenney and Bodington each had one strikeout.
- Caroline Paolantonio recorded the first hit of her career.
- Camarillo, Barley, and Trystan Salvador all have ten hits this season.
- Marcel and Barley lead the team with four doubles after the doubleheader.
The Bulldogs will play a doubleheader on the road against Merrimack on Thursday.