KINGSTOWN, R.I. – The Bryant University men's and women's indoor track and field team posted several PRs as they competed in the Ocean State at the URI Coaches Invitational.
COACH SWITZER COMMENTS
"It was great to have the entire team back together again competing. We walked away with numerous PRs and season-bests. It's a great sign with only two weeks to go until championships."
MEN TOP PERFORMERS
- Freshman Jacob Goodman (Longmeadow, Mass.) finished among the top ten in the 200m by tying his personal-best with a time of 23.39. Goodman set his personal-best earlier this season at the Bates Invitational in January. Sophomore Kevin Stankiewicz (Weston, Conn.) finished 15th overall in the event with a new personal-best time of 24.12.
- Stankiewicz continued to set PR's as he finished with a personal-best of 1:06.64 in the 500m. Sophomore Jason Dolan (Westford, Mass.) also set a personal-best in the 500m with a time of 1:07.57 finishing fifth overall.
- Two Bulldogs finished in the top 10 in the 400m. Senior Adam Winiarz (Norton, Mass.) led in fourth-place with a PR of 51.54 trailed by senior Brian Murray (Westford, Mass.) in eighth-place with a time of 52.86.
- Aidan MacSweeney (Assonet, Mass.) and Peter Sullivan (Plymouth, Mass.) set personal-bests in the mile run. MacSweeney finished with a time of 4:41.13 while Sullivan crossed the finish line at 4:41.16.
- Freshman Nicholas Brancato (Liverpool, N.Y.) led the Bulldogs in the 3,000m run. The rookie set a personal-best of 9:06.14 and finished 13th. Sophomore Bodie Avery (Fairlee, Vt.) also set a PR in the same event with a time of 9:19.36.
- In long jump, Anthony Holloway (Forked River, N.J.) set a season-best. Holloway jumped 5.99m finishing 15th.
- Junior Ryan Dumont (Salem, Mass.) walked away with two new personal-bests. Dumont first set a PR in the 60m hurdles with a time of 9.33 followed by a personal-best in triple jump with a 12.70m mark.
- In throwing action, Grant Dubiel (Canton, Ga.) showed a career-best performance as he threw 13.15m in shot put and 12.30m in weight throw.
WOMEN TOP PERFORMERS
- Sophomore Nicole Xiarhos (Berlin, Conn.) finished fourth overall in the 60m dash after tying her personal-best with a time of 7.86. Freshman Patricia Adesanya (Lowell, Mass.) also excelled in the 60m with a new PR of 8.16.
- Freshman Grace Yost (Wanaque, N.J.) finished the 200m with her fastest time to date with a time of 27.48.
- Freshman Emma Garrity (Wilmington, Mass.) finished third overall in the 400m with a time of 1:00.00.
- Sarah Freeman (Merrimac, Mass.) set a new personal-best in the 500m with a time of 1:22.99. Freeman finished 11th overall.
- Two Bulldogs set personal-bests in the 800m including Julia Ayres (Collegeville, Pa.) and Jackie Prestininzi (Shrewsbury, N.J.). Ayres finished 11th overall with a time of 2:29.39 while Prestininzi finished just behind Ayres in 12th with a time of 2:30.11. Ayres also tabbed a PR in the mile run finishing eighth overall with a time of 5:20.88.
- Freshman Megan Lawlor (North Reading, Mass.) set a new personal-best in long jump with a 5.21m mark finishing ninth.
- Freshmen Anna Orticerio (Smithfield, R.I.) and Kasey Thomas (Easton, Pa.) threw PRs in weight throw. Orticerio threw 13.76m while Thomas threw 13.08.