SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's and women's outdoor track and field team is set to host the Northeast Conference Outdoor Championship for the first time ever in Smithfield. Events begin at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 1 as the men kick off the meet with a 10,000m run. The women's events will compete in the afternoon on both days following the men. The meet will conclude on Sunday, May 2.
Please note that spectators will NOT be permitted to attend the Championship, but fans can view the entire meet on NEC Front Row.
NEC Front Row Live Streams
Day 1 Morning: Track (8 am) | Field (9:30 am) | Throws (9:30 am)
Day 1 Afternoon: Track (3:30 pm) | Field (3 pm) | Throws (3 pm)
Day 2 Morning: Track (9:30 am) | Field (9:30 am) | Throws (9:30 am)
Day 2 Afternoon: Track (2:30 pm) | Field (2:30 pm) | Throws (2:30 pm)
BULLDOGS NOTES AND NOTABLES
- No team in the conference has competed in the NEC Outdoor Championship since 2019. During that season, the men finished seventh overall while the women finished ninth as a team. The men posted 58 team points in 2019, marking the highest point total ever on the men's side.
- The women's team enters the weekend after topping both Brown and American International last Saturday. The team accumulated 88 points highlighted by both Shileigh Martinez and Lois Warden setting new school records in pole vault. The duo both set the previous record earlier this year but snapped it yet again with PRs of 3.55m.
- Three of the four members of the men's 4x800 relay team return to the outdoor championship after setting a new school record in the event. Jordan Dagrin, Jason Dolan, and William Bittrich lead the conference with the fastest 4x8 time of 8:00.15 anchored by freshman Nolan Hickey.
- Jason Dolan set two school records this season in the 1500m (3:50.81) and the mile (4:10.74) as he gets ready to compete in his second outdoor championship as a junior.
- The women's 4x100 relay team currently ranks third in the NEC after breaking Bryant's school record last Saturday. The team consisted of Nicole Xiarhos, Jasmine Hope, Christina Capozzi, and Ana Bertarelli as they set a record-breaking time of 48.52.
- Freshman William Remkiewicz enters his first NEC Championship meet as the conference leader in the 400m. Remkiewicz has yet to finish in any place but first in every meet he has competed in thus far. The rookie ranks second all-time at Bryant with a personal-best time of 47.17.
- The men's 4x400 relay team consisting of Ethan Ferraiola, Jacob Goodman, Dolan, and Remkiewicz pace the conference in that event. The team recently set a season-best time of 3:17.78 against Brown and AIC.
- In 2019, Nick Alessandro finished fourth overall at the NEC Championship in javelin with a 53.96m mark. The now-senior shattered Bryant's school record earlier this year in the event with a 63.71m mark as he ranks second in the NEC. Freshman Emmett Ruote is second all-time at Bryant and fourth in the conference with a 59.54m mark as he makes his NEC Championship debut this weekend.
- The women's 4x800 team of Julia Ayres, Sarah Freeman, Ali Kairys, and Emma Garrity enter the weekend leading the conference with a time of 9:58.33, which the team set last weekend.
- The current Bryant record-holder in women's shot put, Kasey Thomas, ranks first in the NEC with a 13.29m mark. Sophomore Lily LaGoy trails Thomas in second in the conference with a PR of 12.70m.